2021 Best 17

m brooksy

Can't wait for the start of the season and was looking at our squad trying to pick our best 17 for our first game against Barrow. With Wilkinson unfortunately out for seemingly a significant part of the season we are short at hooker but the rest of the squad looks very strong. This is my pick for the first game.

1.Abram

2.Ince

3.Heaton

4.Leeming

5.Hutchings

6.Green

7.Hewitt

8.Joy

9.Owen

10.Nelmes

11.Bridge

12.Langtree

13.Reilly

subs

14.Charnock

15.Pick

16.Spencer

17.Dupree

Extremely difficult picking the team for me. Pack is very strong with Bent,Kirk,Fletcher not even in the 17. Had to put Charnock on the bench as I think he could cover hooker unless we buy someone new before the start of the season. Heard lots of good things about Green in the halves so have put him in there alongside Hewitt.Think most of the backs pick themselves apart from left wing which could be either Hutchings or Holcroft.

What would your team be for the first game?

Very difficult to pick a 17 as there’s a lot more strength in depth this year, especially in the forwards. However I would have thought Kirk would be in with a chance of being in the starting 13, possibly along side Nelmes in the props.

Can’t wait for the friendlies to start!

20 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Can't wait for the start of the season and was looking at our squad trying to pick our best 17 for our first game against Barrow. With Wilkinson unfortunately out for seemingly a significant part of the season we are short at hooker but the rest of the squad looks very strong. This is my pick for the first game.

1.Abram

2.Ince

3.Heaton

4.Leeming

5.Hutchings

6.Green

7.Hewitt

8.Joy

9.Owen

10.Nelmes

11.Bridge

12.Langtree

13.Reilly

subs

14.Charnock

15.Pick

16.Spencer

17.Dupree

Extremely difficult picking the team for me. Pack is very strong with Bent,Kirk,Fletcher not even in the 17. Had to put Charnock on the bench as I think he could cover hooker unless we buy someone new before the start of the season. Heard lots of good things about Green in the halves so have put him in there alongside Hewitt.Think most of the backs pick themselves apart from left wing which could be either Hutchings or Holcroft.

What would your team be for the first game?

Hi M Brooksy

Your team looks really good and hard to think of changing but I would like to see Benty at Loose for the first games, probably at the expense of Dupree.  Think Disco will try out all the players aganst Fev to see how they all go before picking for Barrow.

Rotation will paly a big part in te picking of the pack this season.  This will give the players a little well earned rest along with help to recover form knocks and injury niggles - there will be no need to play players wh are not fully fit.

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Archived