Season ticket sales? very low?

Col81

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, M j M said:

Have all clubs actually put tickets on sale? I seem to remember Wigan were amongst the last who hadn't but never actually saw if they eventually did or not. Would be weird not to want to get that cash in the bank.

Huddersfield haven't, but I believe we are awaiting an announcement regarding other things to tie in with it first .

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I got mine after the SL announcement, I was not aware of the no refund clause when I phoned up to order it, the ticket sales operative didn't inform me there would be no refunds or deductions of next season's ST, had I been told I would not have ordered it.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I would love to know the time that went live Sweaty, I purchased my ticket on the 14th the same day after the announcement was made it was about 15.00 hours, when I phoned initially in the conversation the ticket office operative said that the SL prices had not come through yet, then he corrected himself and said here they are, he knew who I was, I didn't have to give any other personal details only my CC number.

Or maybe, as you acknowledge, the ticket office operative had literally just received the prices and, in the midst of being under pressure to make the relevant system arrangements in a tight time frame, had done you a favour in processing your purchase so that you wouldn’t have a potentially frustrating wait on the telephone once the announcement was made public.

Had you asked about the refund policy then you would have undoubtedly received the appropriate answer, but it would be the same answer that was publicised when season tickets went on sale for the Championship and indeed not too dissimilar to 2020 in that there wouldn’t be any automatic right to a refund.

I also expect the ticket office operative probably doesn’t take too kindly to doing you a favour and then being publicly criticised weeks - months, indeed - later. 

7 hours ago, M j M said:

Have all clubs actually put tickets on sale? I seem to remember Wigan were amongst the last who hadn't but never actually saw if they eventually did or not. Would be weird not to want to get that cash in the bank.

Wigan have just made a statement on season ticket sales. They will be released on Monday:

Wigan Warriors are delighted to confirm that season tickets for the 2021 Betfred Super League season will go on sale from next Monday (1st March).

The long-awaited launch has been held back following earlier complications relating to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, but the planned unveiling has been given an additional boost this week, following the Government’s announcement that we can realistically expect a return to spectators within stadia from the early months of the new season.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/02/24/club-statement-season-ticket-sales/

1 hour ago, meast said:

Huddersfield haven't, but I believe we are awaiting an announcement regarding other things to tie in with it first .

Very poor from Huddersfield not to have them on sale yet, they really don’t help themselves sometimes. Huddersfield may well be the only team in Super League to be able to let all their fans into games I believe.

14 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Very poor from Huddersfield not to have them on sale yet, they really don’t help themselves sometimes. Huddersfield may well be the only team in Super League to be able to let all their fans into games I believe.

Or how about they wait until they know what they can offer their fans before they put them on sale, so they can be priced accordingly? Seems sensible to me. 

On 24/02/2021 at 12:25, Harry Stottle said:

I now expect the clubs will be offering season tickets to reflect the number of games fans will be able to watch i.e. subtracting those games that will be played behind closed doors and a reduced cost along with it, I will be most dischuffed if my club say "Tough Sh-ite" to those who have already purchased.

The bottom line Harry is the tickets were sold as non refundable so I find it hard to see what your problem is.

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

That’s not legal. If you buy a season ticket for 13 home games and aren’t allowed to attend half of them, you’re entitled to half your money back.

Why not if it’s made clear up front? Should players only get 50% of contract if behind closed doors. As a fan you then decide to financially support your club or not in these challenging times, we have taken a box on the same deal

6 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Why not if it’s made clear up front? Should players only get 50% of contract if behind closed doors. As a fan you then decide to financially support your club or not in these challenging times, we have taken a box on the same deal

Not players will still play in all the games. I have paid for 13 games, I am sure I will be offered a refund for the games behind closed doors as happened last year.

Surely Leigh are fine, they've not stated season tickets are for an amount of games, just here's the season ticket cost, it'll get you in all games allowed a crowd no matter how many or little they are

They've been very clear on that front, and I'm sure the majority of season ticket holders aren't that bothered.  Just look on how many donated "refunds" in 2020 across all clubs.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Not players will still play in all the games. I have paid for 13 games, I am sure I will be offered a refund for the games behind closed doors as happened last year.

Well, good luck with that.  I'm not sure you will.

The difference between this year and last year is that clubs have seen this coming this year.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

20 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

That’s not legal. If you buy a season ticket for 13 home games and aren’t allowed to attend half of them, you’re entitled to half your money back.

Not if its stated in the T's & C's that it's non refundable if games are called of. 

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

Not if its stated in the T's & C's that it's non refundable if games are called of. 

Gary Hetherington made some comment along the lines of season ticket holders will not miss out. Leeds obviously don’t rip off their own fans like some other clubs may try to do, I have every confidence they will give fans the option of a partial refund. I think any club not doing this is stretching the law and may turn fans away in the long run if they feel they’ve been ripped off.

39 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Gary Hetherington made some comment along the lines of season ticket holders will not miss out. Leeds obviously don’t rip off their own fans like some other clubs may try to do, I have every confidence they will give fans the option of a partial refund. I think any club not doing this is stretching the law and may turn fans away in the long run if they feel they’ve been ripped off.

No Leeds rip off opposing fans by sticking them in an open dilapidated terrace

No body will be turned away when the condition was clear - it will be the reason why sales all but stopped when Lockdown restarted. The ones purchasing realise they will be helping their club survive these strange times

46 minutes ago, dkw said:

Having something in the T&Cs doesn't prevent the CMA from sticking its oar in where it feels those terms are unfair, and the guidance coming out of them back in March / April last year was that service providers - sporting businesses and otherwise - should think twice before trying the "it's in the terms and conditions" trick. 

Frankly, after the pleas for goodwill from supporters last year, it's a brave club that tries to take the proverbial this time around. 

Fev are charging £200 this year for an adult season ticket. Based on last year's price on the gate of £20, that would equate to one "free" game. The 2019 and 2020 prices were £150 as an early bird, and covered more games. 

Having seen the fixture list, there are only 5 home games when I don't already have other commitments or that will be played behind closed doors. Proportionately that's far more than I've had in terms of clashes in previous years, so this will be the first time in 10 or so years that I've not bought one. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Widnes have released their tickets

£165 for all adults (no oap discount)
£50 for Juniors 

They’ve also closed the stand where some season tickets holders had reserved seating, keeping it for players/officials. 

Everybody now unreserved seating

Not sure what to make of it all

As it stands now Leeds will be charging £233 for the South and East terraces (more for everywhere else) for 9 home games after May 17th (reduced capacities, around 5 k for Leeds) and 7 home games after June 21st (full capacities). All best case scenario of course.

Of those 7 home games, only 2 come across as particularly "standout" - Cas and Warrington at home - maybe Huddersfield and Catalans but I won't hold my breath on those particularly from a crowd perspective. Our further 3 home games are Leigh, Salford and Hull KR... tantalising prospect indeed.

I don't envy the Leeds ticketing person trying to sell those (for £233 cheapest remember). If you get all 7 games plus 1 of the two reduced capacities(presumably some people will have to move stands for those too), it works out just under £30 a game... I know they'll say you can get streams of all games up to round 6 but considering the first 2 are already on sky, and the remaining 2 home games are set for Friday nights and include Wigan at home, I'd be shocked if Leeds were on Sky TV less often than not; which as a result kind of nullifies that as a perceived benefit. Aside from that they don't seem to be offering anything else, no courtesy "fan packs" of club gear or a home shirt or anything really beyond the usual...

Thoughts anyone?

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

As it stands now Leeds will be charging £233 for the South and East terraces (more for everywhere else) for 9 home games after May 17th (reduced capacities, around 5 k for Leeds) and 7 home games after June 21st (full capacities). All best case scenario of course.

Of those 7 home games, only 2 come across as particularly "standout" - Cas and Warrington at home - maybe Huddersfield and Catalans but I won't hold my breath on those particularly from a crowd perspective. Our further 3 home games are Leigh, Salford and Hull KR... tantalising prospect indeed.

I don't envy the Leeds ticketing person trying to sell those (for £233 cheapest remember). If you get all 7 games plus 1 of the two reduced capacities(presumably some people will have to move stands for those too), it works out just under £30 a game... I know they'll say you can get streams of all games up to round 6 but considering the first 2 are already on sky, and the remaining 2 home games are set for Friday nights and include Wigan at home, I'd be shocked if Leeds were on Sky TV less often than not; which as a result kind of nullifies that as a perceived benefit. Aside from that they don't seem to be offering anything else, no courtesy "fan packs" of club gear or a home shirt or anything really beyond the usual...

Thoughts anyone?

What do you want though? Just some additional freebies? They've already sold a very high % of renewals despite those people being well aware they may see nothing at all. I'm sure it will be down on previous years but they aren't really in a position to do much more at the moment - and certainly reducing prices isn't a good option.

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

What do you want though? Just some additional freebies? They've already sold a very high % of renewals despite those people being well aware they may see nothing at all. I'm sure it will be down on previous years but they aren't really in a position to do much more at the moment - and certainly reducing prices isn't a good option.

I think personally there just needs to be a bit more of a connection/value to make that price worthwhile - especially if they aren't going to take the LUFC approach and roll Season tickets to next year. They definitely know they should do something, they sent out the pin badges which whilst small were a nice thing, it just needs a bit of lateral thinking. As it stands now for most non-renewal South and particularly East Standers it really is hard to justify that outlay for the available games.

Bearing in mind also that we've had the club put out no fewer than 5 shirts in the past few months.

The gameday experience for fans is likely to be very different once we are allowed to return to the grounds. For a start you won't be able to stroll up five minutes before kick off expecting to be in your place in no time. It is likely that all attendances will be limited and all tickets will have to be bought in advance. If the restrictions on crowd sizes are significant (these can still change if the guidance proves not to be working) then priority will be given to home ST holders and even they may be subject to a ballot. In addition ST holders will need to positively notify their club of their intention to turn up for specific games. Etc.............

The logistics of attendance and ground management will be difficult at least in the first instance so the cost and availability of ST's may not be the biggest challenges that fans will face.

Personally, I can't wait. And yes, I have already bought me Season Pass.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Thoughts anyone?

That’s the price for a full season of home games. People will be entitled to a partial refund at the end of the season, how much will depend how many games are behind closed doors. Some will choose to donate the refund to the club, but it’ll be down to individual season ticket holders to decide whether or not they want to do that.

Archived