Batley Friendly, 6th March

Blind side johnny

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Does anyone know if you can cast this onto your TV? Not watched a game on Our League app

If you have a smart TV you don't need to cast but, otherwise, you should be able to cast from either a phone or tablet. Note that you can't buy a ticket via the app, only through the website.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

I have my “ticket”. I also have a Smart TV, but I cannot fathom how to watch on there. 

On your TV fire up the web browser ("internet thingy") then type in the OuRLeague URL. Log in on that site, save the log in details and make the site a "favourite" and it will be there waiting for you when you want to watch the game.

Because you bought your ticket from the OuRLeague site under your personal registration, when you log in via the TV you will automatically be recognised as having a ticket so will (should!) get access without entering any code.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The Rugby-league.com/streaming_faqs site has some more information about watching these games.

On 26/02/2021 at 17:26, Wakefield Ram said:

Does anyone know if you can cast this onto your TV? Not watched a game on Our League app

Thanks to Keep The Faith on the Doggies site here are details of how to cast to your TV:

Casting FAQs.pdf (rugby-league.com)

Watch the Chairmen's preview here:

Rams Vs Batley 6th March – Dewsbury Rams

Well, the excitement for this game should now be palpable. Who is willing to stick their neck out and make a prediction, especially after not having seen any of the players in action for 12 months or more?

Will Batley's youthful and sprightly half backs run rings around the Dewsbury veterans?

Who has the stronger pack?

How many players will make in onto the pitch during the course of the game?

What will be the "attendance"?

i think we might get a supprise as to how well some players go with the layoff/rest.and maybe will be in for a shock as to how some might a gone down hill without gametime, as for attendance, am in flat over road for a while if that counts.:kolobok_good:22- 16 to Doggies.

I hope this doesn't become the usual training session, when every player possible within the squad is used.

Both clubs need to keep their supporters interested for the coming season, and get the habit of attending games back, so they might take this one more seriously than before.

Rams win of course, but by how many....who knows, hopefully 10. :kolobok_yahoo:

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

1 hour ago, Hugh Jarce said:

I hope this doesn't become the usual training session, when every player possible within the squad is used.

I think your hope might be misplaced. Only two opportunities to get everyone match fit and up to speed!

I live in hope, after all I'm a Dewsbury Fan! 😀

It's pointless having all the promotion for the game if its just a training session, and could potentially do more harm than good by switching fans off before the season starts.

This game should be the most important one every time we meet, each and every season. After all is said and done, other than the so called big clubs in the league, this is our biggest crowd puller. (And that's for both clubs)

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

LG has said that this will be his first chance to look at the new players in a competitive environment as distinct from simply on the training ground. The "match" will be a glorified coaching exercise for both clubs.

Having said that I have already bought my ticket so that I am able to offer the coach the benefit of my opinion on the merits of his squad members and tactics. They do read these forums for tips, don't they?

5 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Both clubs need to keep their supporters interested for the coming season, and get the habit of attending games back, so they might take this one more seriously than before.

Rams win of course, but by how many....who knows, hopefully 10. :kolobok_yahoo:

I think LG will give all the available players a chance this game and pare it down a bit for the Wakefield match so that he knows his 17 for the cu tie. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 02/03/2021 at 12:19, Blind side johnny said:

Well, the excitement for this game should now be palpable. Who is willing to stick their neck out and make a prediction, especially after not having seen any of the players in action for 12 months or more?

Will Batley's youthful and sprightly half backs run rings around the Dewsbury veterans?

Who has the stronger pack?

How many players will make in onto the pitch during the course of the game?

What will be the "attendance"?

1) I will suggest;

Batley 24-34 Dewsbury 

FTS: Garratt

MoM: Connor Scott

2) If Tom Gilmore plays for Batley, perhaps 

3) Dewsbury 

4) 46

5) Two to four per household. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

So far only 200 tickets have been sold. Its either that tight-fisted Batley lot or there isn't really much interest.

Is anyone who posts on here not bothering and, if so, why? (Not starting the blame game, just trying to understand the motivations.)

24 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

So far only 200 tickets have been sold. Its either that tight-fisted Batley lot or there isn't really much interest.

Is anyone who posts on here not bothering and, if so, why? (Not starting the blame game, just trying to understand the motivations.)

I got my ticket today, I think the cost is fair, I understand it costs £1,300 to cover a game so no profit yet. My main concern was the quality of the coverage, I have watched a few games on the app in the past and a couple of times the picture was awful, fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

Archived