Dewsbury- Pre Season Game 1

Keep The Faith

Sign up to our league here https://www.rugby-league.com/our_league_free_membership

select Batley Bulldogs as your club it's help's the club 

here are details how to stream to the smart Tv's laptops etc 

https://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_docs/Casting FAQs.pdf

20 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Does anyone know how much (if anything) the club receives from Our League from the streaming fee?

As far as I know, for the friendlies,  once the costs of streaming etc are taken out, any surplus is shared equally between the clubs. I've seen reports that the cost of streaming is around £12-1300, but whether that is an accurate figure or pure speculation from the reporter is anyones guess. At £5 per household to stream, if the costs are correct, it is fair to say the clubs won't be getting much from it.

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

As far as I know, for the friendlies,  once the costs of streaming etc are taken out, any surplus is shared equally between the clubs. I've seen reports that the cost of streaming is around £12-1300, but whether that is an accurate figure or pure speculation from the reporter is anyones guess. At £5 per household to stream, if the costs are correct, it is fair to say the clubs won't be getting much from it.

Mark Sawyer was quoted on another forum as saying that the cost of streaming is about £1250 per game. I would also imagine that there is a facility fee for OuRLeague. 

Reading elsewhere about the take-up levels of streaming in other sports a reasonable expectation of "tickets" would be in the hundreds rather than the thousands. It would be interesting to learn from the clubs what the number was, after the game, of course. It will also be interesting to share the experience with other fans afterwards to see what we can all learn from this.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

£1200 per game then when the clubs get their streaming money they'll share it out equally... 

the clubs should hopefully make a few quid £5 for a game for away isn't bad for one camera and one or two people on comms... 

On 02/03/2021 at 14:10, Keep The Faith said:

£1200 per game then when the clubs get their streaming money they'll share it out equally... 

the clubs should hopefully make a few quid £5 for a game for away isn't bad for one camera and one or two people on comms... 

Basic costs for hosting the game, including the broadcast fee, is c£2000. Hence 400 tickets need to be sold before either club gets anything. So far (Thursday am) only 200 have been purchased.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 minutes ago, distantdog said:

👆

Good game and some decent football played. Hooley had a very good game.

Attacking wise, I thought we looked pretty potent out wide. Defensively a bit weak, we seemed to be missing the a bit of urgency, but overall very satisfied for a first run out, and great to see a game at last.

Gilmore, whilst he was on, looks to be settling in well and a good acquisition.

5 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I thought their play the ball was faster and their big guys all had good games! Gilmore, Walshaw, White and Hooley looked useful but our forwards didn't seem to be as fit as theirs. 

Wasn't it great to see some rugby!

Yes, agree with that, I think we really missed Manning and Brown.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Satisfied with that, like the idea of four teams lol.

I thought it was ok we didn't offer anything when Gilmore went off the field... 

I thought the old guard tried too much to impress

I think we will be alright when he knows his spine in attack next week... 

Archived