Live Rugby League this Weekend

Thought it would be useful for anyone wanting to scratch their itch for live Rugby League. 

Saturday 6/3/21

Batley v Dewsbury (1.30pm) - available via OurLeague for £4.95, £10 on the day. 

Featherstone v Oldham (1.30pm) - available for free via RoversTV by clicking LIVE as the game starts - https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/pre-season-friendlies-confirmed-nTFY1

Catalans Dragons v Elite 1 XIII (2pm U.K. time) - available via Catalans’ YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/AdminCatalansDragons/featured

Bradford Bulls v Swinton Lions (3.30pm) - available via OurLeague for £4.95, £10 on the day. 

I think that’s all but I will update this if any others are being played. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Thought it would be useful for anyone wanting to scratch their itch for live Rugby League. 

Saturday 6/3/21

Batley v Dewsbury (1.30pm) - available via OurLeague for £4.95, £10 on the day. 

Featherstone v Oldham (1.30pm) - available via RoversTV by clicking LIVE as the game starts - https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/pre-season-friendlies-confirmed-nTFY1

Catalans Dragons v Elite 1 XIII (3pm, though this may be French time) - available via Catalans’ YouTube channel. 

Bradford Bulls v Swinton Lions (3.30pm) - available via OurLeague for £4.95, £10 on the day. 

I think that’s all but I will update this if any others are being played. 

Ooh. Is that the Dracs' first team against an Elite 1 select team?

7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Yes.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

28 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Catalans Dragons v Elite 1 XIII (3pm, though this may be French time) - available via Catalans’ YouTube channel. 

2pm kick-off, UK time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AdminCatalansDragons/featured

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 04/03/2021 at 13:41, Man of Kent said:

I don't know how many substitutions will be allowed, but here is Les Dracs' squad:

Dragons Catalans › News › 2021 › March › The squad to face Elite 1 selection (catalansdragons.com)

And the Selection Elite 1:

Sélection Elite 1 vs Dragons Catalans : le groupe dévoilé - Fédération Française de Rugby à XIII (ffr13.fr)

18 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Tonnes of French talent with plenty of ex-Catalans players lining up against former teammates. Should be a good watch.

Surely most right-minded folk will be watching Batley v Dewsbury?

Who was it that kept banging on about supporting heartlands clubs?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

29 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Suspensions count for friendlies?

31 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Stan Robin has dropped out - no idea why at the moment

I appreciate Our League have to make a charge for actual league matches but applying a fiver for pre season games is a bit rich. The charge rises to 10 quid on the day 🤪.

These games are basically fitness run outs for the clubs. Yes, it's a novelty attraction to see sides at Championship level back on the field after so long but I do feel Our League are missing a trick here. Plenty of interested punters would tune in for a free friendly just to experience the viewing package being offered. If they like what's on offer (production and quality wise) there's a good chance they'd be back with their cash for the start of the official season.

Even a number of the big hitter Football clubs pump out free to view pre season friendlies for the very same reason, I know Aston Villa TV had remarkably high take up numbers by trialling this method in the past.

These would be the sort of games I'd stream free, to test that everything was working properly before taking any money. Feedback forms on the website so people can report any issues with buffering, etc.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived