Live Rugby League this Weekend

54 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

These would be the sort of games I'd stream free, to test that everything was working properly before taking any money. Feedback forms on the website so people can report any issues with buffering, etc.

I was expecting more to be free for that reason. I didn’t expect testimonials to be free, mind. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

The cost funds the streaming and ultimately helps our clubs after 12 months of having no fans through the door, put your hands in your pockets ya tight gets.

I have no problem with paying for league or cup matches on OurLeague.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Would you expect free entry to a pre-season friendly?

When there was last some content on OurLeague, I was having some serious problems streaming the video, even when others had no problems at all.

Streaming the pre-season friendlies would be a way for me to see if the issues were sorted, and could also be a taster to attract viewers to the paid content when the season began.

As it is, I'll wait 'til I see a really tempting match and try it out as a single (advance) purchase, before shelling out for a full weekend. And that won't be a pre-season match.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anyway, the Dragons/Selection game is on now, so that's this afternoon sorted.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

McMeekan's first try for his new club.

Currently Catalans 22:6 Selection

Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

McMeekan's first try for his new club.

Currently Catalans 22:6 Selection

28:6 at HT

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey Fellas, can these games be watched after the game finishes, or is it live streaming only? 

If im paying £5 or £10 to watch the games i expect professional presentation not, a massive girder blocking the try and the kick of the conversion... 

Sorry RFL but this is looking messy, and the quality is sub par in full screen... 

Enjoying the commentary though!!!!

rl.jpg

1 hour ago, mozzauk said:

If im paying £5 or £10 to watch the games i expect professional presentation not, a massive girder blocking the try and the kick of the conversion... 

Sorry RFL but this is looking messy, and the quality is sub par in full screen... 

rl.jpg

That should be part of minimum broadcast standards. 

3 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Hey Fellas, can these games be watched after the game finishes, or is it live streaming only? 

Not sure about the others, FI, but the Catalans' match can be viewed via their website.  I was out this afternoon shopping and have just finished watching it.

3 hours ago, mozzauk said:

I don't disagree, but what can they really do if there is no suitable stand and/or power supply on the other side?  They can't exactly reconstruct an entire stadium.  And I definitely prefer this over the camera being on ground level.

12 minutes ago, langpark said:

I don't disagree, but what can they really do if there is no suitable stand and/or power supply on the other side?  They can't exactly reconstruct an entire stadium.  And I definitely prefer this over the camera being on ground level.

It ought not be too expensive to put up an elevated scaffold.

I think this initiative has got so much potential, if only they'll gamble on doing it as well as they can. 

Thought the coverage of the Swinton game was great albeit the commentators didn't hide their desire to see Bradford come out on top. Not sure I'd pay to watch as a neutral but definitely happy to pay to watch my team. Service was fine, didn't cut out at all. Good value for an entertaining game and professional presentation of it.

41 minutes ago, Colin James said:

Thought the coverage of the Swinton game was great albeit the commentators didn't hide their desire to see Bradford come out on top. Not sure I'd pay to watch as a neutral but definitely happy to pay to watch my team. Service was fine, didn't cut out at all. Good value for an entertaining game and professional presentation of it.

They could use easily use neutrals, and not have that issue, especially not from one who has questioned the integrity of timekeepers in the past. 

Archived