Live Rugby League this Weekend

2 hours ago, fighting irish said:

It ought not be too expensive to put up an elevated scaffold.

I think this initiative has got so much potential, if only they'll gamble on doing it as well as they can. 

Exactly, if all other broadcasters can do it, and even other teams then surely its not that difficult... 

2 hours ago, langpark said:

I don't disagree, but what can they really do if there is no suitable stand and/or power supply on the other side?  They can't exactly reconstruct an entire stadium.  And I definitely prefer this over the camera being on ground level.

They can setup a proper solution full power station costs £750 for power, its not that difficult and id expect normally a professional and competent organisation to do so.... Or outsource it to a professional outfit such as Free Sports or GRM... 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Colin James said:

Thought the coverage of the Swinton game was great albeit the commentators didn't hide their desire to see Bradford come out on top. Not sure I'd pay to watch as a neutral but definitely happy to pay to watch my team. Service was fine, didn't cut out at all. Good value for an entertaining game and professional presentation of it.

Mick Gledhill won't be biased doing the bulls which is a shame 

Dragons KO Saturday v TOX111 3pm/2pm GMT. Hear that Kiwi Dean Whare has arrived in Perpignan but in quarantine in a hotel 7 days

159510050_4028274297190814_7124805731922960006_o.jpg.46e192f559e2386b3b6778b0349ebff9.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 minute ago, Chris Taylor said:

I didn't realise it was free again. Great news.

Featherstone Rovers are excited to announce the details of our two pre-season friendly matches that are scheduled to take place before the 2021 season.

James Webster’s men will first face Oldham RLFC on Saturday 6 March at 1:30pm, with the second friendly coming against Batley Bulldogs a week later on Saturday 13 March at 1:30pm.

Both ties will take place behind-closed-doors at the Millennium Stadium, however we will be bringing all the action from both these fixtures to Rovers TV for FREE!

Supporters will be able to watch both clashes on Rovers TV without having a premium membership, just visit the Rovers TV website and click the ‘LIVE’ tab during the time of the fixtures.

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES CONFIRMED | Featherstone Rovers

Stuff this 10 quid for 2 sides having a training session pantomime, there's 3 top class NRL competitive matches on Sky Arena over the next few days.

Hurry up, the Melbourne v Souths clash is about to kick off.

*Our League should hold their heads in shame fleecing people £10 for pointless friendlies 😠

12 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Stuff this 10 quid for 2 sides having a training session pantomime, there's 3 top class NRL competitive matches on Sky Arena over the next few days.

*Our League should hold their heads in shame fleecing people £10 for pointless friendlies 😠

So you think clubs should spend money to let people watch matches without charging ?

25 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

*£4.95 if you get in early

Some of these are Testimonial Games, do you begrudge players trying to generate a retirement fund?

1 hour ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Wow. 

Well.. a) the filming and production needs paying for.

b) it’s half that price the day before the game.

c) friendlies aren’t “pointless” for many obvious reasons, and it’s the first chance fans have to watch their teams in 12 months.

d) as said above, some are testimonials and one game is the first ever RL game in a new stadium.

but apart from all that yeah, good point.

It's only £10 if you buy on the day. £4.95 if you buy early, which isn't bad imo. 

I've bought York v Hull tonight and I'm looking forward to it. I wouldn't expect many neutrals to pay for it but it's an interesting fixture if you are a fan of either club. For York it's their first game in god knows how long and they playing at their new stadium for the first time. For Hull it's the first game under Hodgson and a strong side has been named (the second half will end up with a lot of youngsters involved but the starting 13 is the strongest available). I'm very interested to see the new combinations and get a look at what they have been working on. York are no mugs so it should be a decent enough test for us.

Toulouse Olympique XIII have named a 24-man squad for their visit to Les Dracs on Saturday, which is being shown on the latter's YouTube channel.  Remi Casty and Guy Armitage are not included.

Saturday 2pm kick-off, UK time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived