Live Rugby League this Weekend

1 minute ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Hopefully that`s the last we hear of that commentator. The Aussie bloke last week was pretty good.

The other WSL game has finished Cas 6 Saints 50. 

Worth mentioning how many players are currently playing WSL who came through the Whitley Bay Barbarians system. Can`t remember all the names. There are three at Leeds -  Orla McCallion, Sam Hulme and one other. And I think there are others at Huddersfield and Wakefield.

Should have got a shout out like Orrell did. 🤣

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

In other news, it seems like the live streams from Ghana aren't happening. Hopefully, it is the streaming that's the problem, and they can upload the video for catch-up viewing.

The Ghana livestreams are up on YouTube. 

Had a quick look at both games. Very much a work in progress. The women`s game especially is the antithesis of complete your sets/get to your kick/build pressure.

A novel quirk in the men`s game. - I`ve got used to seeing a penalty kick to touch being followed by a staged pass from the touchline, but I`ve not previously seen a player stand on the line, tap the ball, then pass it in-field to a teammate who taps it again.

I`m convinced the uncertainty over the rules that always seems to afflict nascent RL nations stems from the conviction that RL is a simple game. Why prioritize teaching the rulebook to players, coaches and officials when the established culture of RL assures you that "run hard, tackle hard" is all you need to know?

In other news, Scarborough Pirates fielded a women`s team for the first time on Sunday. Didn`t know the club was still around.

2 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

The Ghana livestreams are up on YouTube. 

Had a quick look at both games. Very much a work in progress. The women`s game especially is the antithesis of complete your sets/get to your kick/build pressure.

A novel quirk in the men`s game. - I`ve got used to seeing a penalty kick to touch being followed by a staged pass from the touchline, but I`ve not previously seen a player stand on the line, tap the ball, then pass it in-field to a teammate who taps it again.

I`m convinced the uncertainty over the rules that always seems to afflict nascent RL nations stems from the conviction that RL is a simple game. Why prioritize teaching the rulebook to players, coaches and officials when the established culture of RL assures you that "run hard, tackle hard" is all you need to know?

In other news, Scarborough Pirates fielded a women`s team for the first time on Sunday. Didn`t know the club was still around.

I believe that Scarborough Pirates reformed for this year after a hiatus.

• Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Saturday 18th September
Championship
2:45pm OuRLeague: Newcastle Thunder v Toulouse Olympique

League 1 Qualifying Play Off
6:15pm OuRLeague: North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars

• Thanks 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

54 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Saturday 18th September
Championship
2:45pm OuRLeague: Newcastle Thunder v Toulouse Olympique

League 1 Qualifying Play Off
6:15pm OuRLeague: North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars

4.30 and 6.30 there are London League and Southern Conference finals on Twitch.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

4.30 and 6.30 there are London League and Southern Conference finals on Twitch.

Which teams are involved?

And The Brev' takes Toulouse past 50. 

The comeback is ON! Seriously, a very nicely-made try for Newcastle, converted for 12:54.

Edited by Futtocks

As the Thunder players tire, Sangare's runs are really having an effect.

Hitchcox goes in for his 4th try, and the conversion takes Toulouse's score to 82.

• Sad 1

Sunday 19th September
Women's Super League Play Offs
1:45pm OuRLeague & Twitch: St Helens v Wigan Warriors

Physical Disability Rugby League
2:55pm OuRLeague: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity

League 1 - Elimination Play Off
3:50pm: Doncaster v Hunslet Hawks

Also, while not free to air/stream, there's the Wheelchair Super League Grand Final
3:00pm Sky Sports Arena: 3:15pm Leeds Rhinos v Leyland Warriors

• Like 1

WSL St Helens v Wigan has kicked off. To be honest, I don't give the visitors much of a chance here, as Saints have been the form team this season by a distance. Here's hoping Wigan put up a good fight.

Currently St Helens 4:0 Wigan

St Helens leading 26:0 on 50 minutes. Wigan are defending decently, but the home side are just taking their opportunities and edging steadily ahead.

Switching over to the Wheelchair GF on Sky Sports Mix, Leeds have just scored the first try - 6 nil.

39 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

This is a sensational game so far. If you’re not watching, do yourself a favour and watch the wheelchair GF. 

Fascinating to see how well this version of the game works as a sport.

It's a great contest too.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

8 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Fascinating to see how well this version of the game works as a sport.

It's a great contest too.

It is so much more Rugby-like than the Olympic version of the game. That's what makes it more satisfying, at least for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It is so much more Rugby-like than the Olympic version of the game. That's what makes it more satisfying, at least for me.

Yup. The Olympic version is more like NFL which I’m led to believe is where it evolved from

Just now, Spidey said:

Yup. The Olympic version is more like NFL which I’m led to believe is where it evolved from

For me, the Olympic version is like Wheelchair Basketball without the hoops. Round balls, forward passes, no touchdowns, no "kicks", pah!

• Like 1

A diving try in the corner, but with bits of metal involved. Let's hope he's not badly hurt.