Sky Sports Rugby League takeover

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of matches I'd like to watch again in that list.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I never got to watch PSG v Sheffield, so that's a fine way to kick off the takeover.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

32 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’m glad this one made the list

Friday, March 26

Australia vs Tonga (2019): One of the greatest international upsets of all time as Tonga defeated world champions Australia in Auckland.

I'd re-watch that just for the singing, let alone the Rugby.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

One of my favourite games ever, rugby league at its finest! 

It was a privilege and a joy to watch.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's a very fine list. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Was trying to think of some of the lesser “famous” big games I’d like to see and come up with a few Championship/Northern Rail games; 

Halifax v Widnes (I think) - The one where Halifax wore a Melbourne Storm inspired shirt. 

Leigh v Halifax/Widnes (I think) - Northern Rail Cup Final at Blackpool, Leigh shaped for a drop goal to tie the game (IIRC) and then in true Ian Millward style, chucked it wide and won it.

Batley v Leigh - Remember watching this abroad, possibly in Fuengirola very hungover but it was a good game. 

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Was trying to think of some of the lesser “famous” big games I’d like to see and come up with a few Championship/Northern Rail games; 

Halifax v Widnes (I think) - The one where Halifax wore a Melbourne Storm inspired shirt. 

Leigh v Halifax/Widnes (I think) - Northern Rail Cup Final at Blackpool, Leigh shaped for a drop goal to tie the game (IIRC) and then in true Ian Millward style, chucked it wide and won it.

Batley v Leigh - Remember watching this abroad, possibly in Fuengirola very hungover but it was a good game. 

It was Leigh v Fax at Blackpool 😀

On 06/03/2021 at 22:23, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’m glad this one made the list

Friday, March 26

Australia vs Tonga (2019): One of the greatest international upsets of all time as Tonga defeated world champions Australia in Auckland.

Spoiler alert!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

While these were good watches at the time and I’m sure they will be again, it’s a shame that there’s not a few new ones to be added. 

I wish they did a show a bit like NFL Americas Game where they look at the champions that year, use 4 players/coaches of that team to talk you through the year etc and show highlights of the big games with insight.. they are a fantastic 40 minute watch.. (always record them so can skip the ads).

On 17/03/2021 at 09:14, RP London said:

I wish they did a show a bit like NFL Americas Game where they look at the champions that year, use 4 players/coaches of that team to talk you through the year etc and show highlights of the big games with insight.. they are a fantastic 40 minute watch.. (always record them so can skip the ads).

I can easily waste many a hour watching them when I come across them channel hopping. Even if you don't know the players involved or the teams they are still a great watch. You don't even have to be much of an American Football fan to enjoy them, any sports fan can enjoy them as they are that well produced.

Archived