Bernard Guasch announces an imminent agreement with a major TV channel

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

He spoke about this pre game yesterday.

Great news and well done Bernard!

Can you speak French? Coz I was trying to understand what him and Luc Lacoste said in the interview.

Perhaps you could give us a breakdown?

7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

1 day after Robert Elstone leaves his post a French tv deal looks to have been agreed 

Yep, that was one of his biggest mistakes. Insisting on monies for a French TV deal when RL has no significant profile and ending up with nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

1 day after Robert Elstone leaves his post a French tv deal looks to have been agreed 

I thought exactly the same thing and I don't think the timing of this news is a coincidence either.

Bernard won't want Robert's name anywhere near this deal.

My GCSE grade B from 25 odd years ago isn’t sufficient for that article, so here is the Google translation. 

At the opening of the match between the Catalan Dragons and the Elite 1 selection, President Bernard Guasch raised the subject of the Catalan Dragons' media coverage in 2021.

Good news seems about to be formalized by Bernard Guasch, president of the Catalans Dragons. Indeed, during his interview before yesterday's friendly match, the president said that negotiations with a major French channel were well under way and that an agreement could be reached next week. This would undoubtedly be great news for all private French supporters for most of the 2020 season. The L’Equipe channel broadcast 3 matches last season but it was very poor in relation to the broadcasts of recent seasons. It remains to be seen what this channel is and whether it is paid or free, which would be even better news for everyone.

French Channel Bein Sports to continue covering NRL matches live as they 've done since 2016. 4 matches each week starting Thursday with Melbourne-South Sydney.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

2 minutes ago, audois said:

French Channel Bein Sports to continue covering NRL matches live as they 've done since 2016. 4 matches each week starting Thursday with Melbourne-South Sydney.

Is that a subscription channel or FTA?

54 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Yep, that was one of his biggest mistakes. Insisting on monies for a French TV deal when RL has no significant profile and ending up with nothing. 

Jumped in with both feet thinking rl was popular in France! 

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Can you speak French? Coz I was trying to understand what him and Luc Lacoste said in the interview.

Perhaps you could give us a breakdown?

Not as well as I should but picked it up in his interview.  Not over the line though.

Breakdances, oui.  Breakdowns, non!

20 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Exactly my thoughts. Just's confirming yet again again what a waste of Money Elstone was

“Waste of money?”

Do we really need such a mealy mouthed understatement in these difficult times?

How about “a waste of oxygen?” Much closer to the truth I would think.

36 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Do we really need such a mealy mouthed understatement in these difficult times?

How about “a waste of oxygen?” Much closer to the truth I would think.

No point mucking around Manfred !    I`d go for `a waste of space`.

On 08/03/2021 at 00:07, barnyia said:

Subscription. They get the broadcast for free i believe. Like alot of countries. 

They pay, not a huge amount, but they pay.  They also pay for their own team of commentators to translate it.

Not sure as well where this belief that most international broadcasters 'get the NRL for free'.  Roger Sports, TVWAN/Digicel, FijiTV/Sky Pacific all pay fees.  Fox Sports is, as part of their license agreement with the NRL, able to sub-license to Fox Sports US, Fox Sports Asia and Fox Sports Netherlands, and it wouldn't surprise me if the new ESPN agreement in Africa is now part of that as well.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Archived