Bernard Guasch announces an imminent agreement with a major TV channel

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Sounds better than Sky’s SL production! 😁

Well it will all be done on a small budget, however I am also going to have a couple of our long term radio guys assist with production and presentation as well which should hopefully all add value.

Fingers crossed but we enjoy a challenge 🙂

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know just been told I'll have a read later. At least we know they'll show the other super League games now in France too as it wasn't sure for the other broadcasers. Rodolphe will be busy if he does super League,NRL,elite and union! 

12 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Hold your horses nothing signed yet apparently, just a newspaper have reported that bein sports will show the catalans games. 

Hi Barynia

I did ask Rudolph about this the other day and his opinion was for now it was wishful thinking as nothing had been agreed.

However one never knows fingers crossed then.

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Don't know just been told I'll have a read later. At least we know they'll show the other super League games now in France too as it wasn't sure for the other broadcasers. Rodolphe will be busy if he does super League,NRL,elite and union! 

He will have more fun with us as plenty of nice lunches/dinners LOL:)

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Sky get to broadcast every Catalans home game with no production costs for sky, that adds value to the UK Super League tv deal.

How much extra do they pay SLE for these games? 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The games are included in the £182 million 5 year deal that expires next year. The next deal is been negotiated at the moment, thankfully Robert Elstone is no longer negotiating on our behalf and the Catalans home games can once again be included in the next tv deal.

Any of the three names being thrown around is a positive, but for me it would be great to see beIN get the rights back.

Having SL and NRL on the one provider does lend itself to higher audiences and to cross promotion. beIN has, surprisingly, kept investing in Rugby League despite losing the rights to SL.

When you think about it, the NRL is a small regional competition, in a sport which isn't significantly popular in France and has zero French representation, yet they not only broadcast four games a week, they pay for local commentary and do other promotions and pieces on the side. That's a rather significant investment.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

14 hours ago, Dave T said:

I suppose you’d have to check with Sky or the RFL. What I would say is the RFL should be able to get money from Sky for 14 extra games with minimal production costs. Whether they do or not I don’t know but it’s certainly a nice sweetener when we are negotiating the main deal. 

50 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I suppose you’d have to check with Sky or the RFL. What I would say is the RFL should be able to get money from Sky for 14 extra games with minimal production costs. Whether they do or not I don’t know but it’s certainly a nice sweetener when we are negotiating the main deal. 

My understanding is that Sky allow the French to cover every game in exchange for being able to show them here by taking the coverage. 

Hence when the games haven't been shown it hasn't been a contractual breach.

But I agree, that it should be something that drives value and should be worth a few million a year. As a customer of Sky either way it is great news if it comes off.

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

So it looks like we have gone back to the paid-for deal as Catalans said it is a substantial investment for them. 

GREAT NEWS maybe a little bit of money, but I think what they are really referring to is the 35000 euros costs per game being picked up by Bein Sports.

Paul

24 minutes ago, Dave T said:

So it looks like we have gone back to the paid-for deal as Catalans said it is a substantial investment for them. 

Yep. 'The Super League would like to thank Sky Sports and beIN SPORTS for reaching an agreement, and also the Catalans Dragons club, who are covering all the production costs of broadcasting the games in Perpignan.'

Wonder what will happen after five games...maybe beIN will take on the costs if the ratings are good?

12 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

GREAT NEWS maybe a little bit of money, but I think what they are really referring to is the 35000 euros costs per game being picked up by Bein Sports.

Paul

I'm not sure what you mean mate. My post refers to the fact Catalans are paying for this coverage through the production costs. 

If they deem that substantial cost is more than covered through sponsorship then all good. 

Archived