Featherstone pre season week 2

Keep The Faith

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

This weeks we travel to post office road Featherstone in our last pre season match before the challenge cup hopefully we see a bit more progress from last weekend's game vs the rams 

the game is live on Rovers TV for free... 

when is it mate?

57 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

What do we expect from team selection? I wonder will we see Elliot Hall this weekend the only new signing who didn't play against Dewsbury...

surely our 13 who will start against fax will play the first 20 or final 20 

So what will our 13 be against Halifax do you think KTF?

39 minutes ago, distantdog said:

So what will our 13 be against Halifax do you think KTF?

I think it won't be far off as

Hooley

Morton Buchanan Logan Broughton

White Gilmore

Gledhill Leak Everett

Walshaw Tonks

Bowman

my 13 there don't forget Brown & Manning to come back 

13 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Hooley

White Gilmore

Gledhill Leak Everett

Walshaw Tonks

Bowman

Interesting .. no Campbell?

Manning will start in place of Tonks, subs Kaye, Brown, Tonks, Ward or Blagborough. Not sure about Morton on the wing, Rettie or Campbell better returners of the ball and we have 2 kickers there in Hooley and White although only fair to mention that Dale had a 100% record in the few games we played in 2020.

21 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Hooley

White Gilmore

Gledhill Leak Everett

Walshaw Tonks

Bowman

No Wayne Reitie or Johnny Campbell? Looked like Jack Logan was running in treacle when he intercepted Sykes’s pass on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

No Wayne Reitie or Johnny Campbell? Looked like Jack Logan was running in treacle when he intercepted Sykes’s pass on Saturday.

Yep Thought it was a nailed on try. Should have just put his head down and stuck to the touch line.

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Wayne Rettie dropped the ball 3 times - Dewsbury scored off two of them 

Jc will probably play over who I don't know 

logan is a few weeks off everyone else so I'm actually surprised he went over the halfway line but remember it's pre season give him 2-3 weeks he'll be up to speed

On 08/03/2021 at 23:36, Keep The Faith said:

Hooley

White Gilmore

Gledhill Leak Everett

Walshaw Tonks

Bowman

I would think Hall would be full back 

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

I would think Hall would be full back 

Prior to Saturday, I would have 100% agreed with you. However, my thoughts were purely based upon his try scoring record in L1, as I cannot think of anyone on our books that would have anywhere near the try scoring rate he has achieved, even if they'd dropped down a division.

Although, I thought Hooley had a great game against Dewsbury. If Hall plays this week, he is going to have to be pretty special to take his place. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. 😉

8 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Prior to Saturday, I would have 100% agreed with you. However, my thoughts were purely based upon his try scoring record in L1, as I cannot think of anyone on our books that would have anywhere near the try scoring rate he has achieved, even if they'd dropped down a division.

Although, I thought Hooley had a great game against Dewsbury. If Hall plays this week, he is going to have to be pretty special to take his place. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. 😉

Broughton's try scoring rate isn't bad either 

let's wait and see it's a tough choice for linners picking the side and seeing who he picks for fax and the league campaign in the upcoming weeks 

On 08/03/2021 at 17:59, Keep The Faith said:

Saturday 1.30pm again 

So how do we get to watch this? From the Fev website? I'm not going to be bombarded by emails from the cappers after am I trying to buy my allegiance? Which by the way is a pork pie and half a bitter shandy...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

So how do we get to watch this? From the Fev website? I'm not going to be bombarded by emails from the cappers after am I trying to buy my allegiance? Which by the way is a pork pie and half a bitter shandy...

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/roverstv/live/

go on the link from around 1.15pm Saturday it will come up... you don't have to give any details 

Logan, Buchanan and Broughton must be first choices or it makes a mockery of bringing them in....does Hall kick goals, because if he does that's another tough choice?

Tough choices are good. What i would like to see against fev is some different tactics.  Try a different kick when we kick off not the same old kick to their centre who always happens to be the best catcher in their team. A little dink over the top and chase, also maybe a reverse kick on the last to bamboozle defences. I would like to see at least 2    40/20 in a game, every other team has a go for them apart from us. The score is irrelevant in this pre season friendly, but this is our last chance to try something just that little bit different. 

22 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As a Fev fan, I would think you'd be right 😉

Looks like potentially the strongest squad at Batley for several years, think we'll get much more of a test on Saturday than we did against Oldham who were very moderate.

Serves me right for trying to be a smart alec, Craig Hall's been rested so won't be playing on Saturday along with Kris Welham, Tom Holmes and James Harrison.

Tough choices are good. What i would like to see against fev is some different tactics.  Try a different kick when we kick off not the same old kick to their centre who always happens to be the best catcher in their team. A little dink over the top and chase, also maybe a reverse kick on the last to bamboozle defences. I would like to see at least 2    40/20 in a ga

Archived