Best away fans in SL

57 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Salford fans aren't really all that noisy. What you're actually hearing is the sound of a thousand sphincters simultaneously snapping shut as the latest evidence for the impending Salfageddon - being forced out of the stadium because Sale want to buy it, losing all their (or, more often than not, there) best players, you know the drill - appears on forums like this.

I'm happy to judge their AWAY support on the numbers and noise regardless 🙂

20 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Not exactly free money though. You've still got to cater for them, hire stewards, etc. 

And, if you buy your ticket in advance from your own club they get to keep 20% of the cash.  This fact does make away games even more attractive.

I also enjoy going to televised away games to contribute to the positive spectacle of a packed away end.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

17 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

And, if you buy your ticket in advance from your own club they get to keep 20% of the cash.  This fact does make away games even more attractive.

I also enjoy going to televised away games to contribute to the positive spectacle of a packed away end.

Think that ended.

In 1985, when I was 15 years old, I took the train from Wigan down to London to attend the Wigan vs. Hull FC Challenge Cup Final. 

After I had sat down in the carriage, two girls of around 20 or so got on and they were dressed in skin tight jumpsuits with no underwear and the zip at the front down far enough for a 15 year old lad to have the best train ride of his life. That memory has been permanently etched into my mind and will never be lost.

I humbly suggest those two girls were the best away fans in Rugby League. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 hours ago, Dunbar said:

In 1985, when I was 15 years old, I took the train from Wigan down to London to attend the Wigan vs. Hull FC Challenge Cup Final. 

After I had sat down in the carriage, two girls of around 20 or so got on and they were dressed in skin tight jumpsuits with no underwear and the zip at the front down far enough for a 15 year old lad to have the best train ride of his life. That memory has been permanently etched into my mind and will never be lost.

Wonder what they look like now! 😁

14 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Were they going to the match or just some tarts?

A couple of points in reply to my anecdote.

1. The girls on the train were Wigan fans and on their way to the '85 final which was a wonderful day.

2. Yes, they will look different today but don't we all?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

A couple of points in reply to my anecdote.

1. The girls on the train were Wigan fans and on their way to the '85 final which was a wonderful day.

2. Yes, they will look different today but don't we all?

Any idea where they'd put their tickets ? 🤔

The two Hull clubs certainly bring a lot of fans, though I have to admit only games against FC have a veneer of a big occassion.

Every club also has its div element which occasionally comes out in the travelling support.

Archived