Latest update on upgrade to Wakefield's ground

6 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Perhaps Salford, Wigan, Huddersfield or Hull could tell Cas exactly what to do in order to raise funds and get a shiny new stadium like they did

Or maybe Cas can ask their near neighbours who have managed to upgrade their ground whilst playing in the Championship.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Perhaps Salford, Wigan, Huddersfield or Hull could tell Cas exactly what to do in order to raise funds and get a shiny new stadium like they did

You misread my point, sides like Hull KR and Fev have redeveloped parts of their ground, Newcastle's ground is multi stage - that's before the obvious football examples demonstrate themselves. Even Wakey with the portakabin stand and the north stand roof have done something.

The point is it doesn't have to be flash, but doing absolutely nothing is deeply damaging - and its not as if Cas have been ridiculously poor either.

What is the actual cost to do a fairly basic touchline stand? Something like one of the stands at Warrington. Surely it is not that expensive to build a stand with decent, modern amenities and the increased revenue generated should offset loan costs. Ground like Castleford's and Wakefield's could be improved immeasurably with just a couple of stands. I think waiting decades for a silver bullet instead of incremental improvements isn't really to go and is frankly the lazy option.

54 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Anyway - this is a Wakey thread

Good luck to 'em!

Unbelievably another one started again by a Wakefield fan. 😞

I see absolutely no point in starting Wakefield Ground threads until the MDC Planning committee pass these current plans.  That is the only real next stage not some clickbait recycled old news.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

New Floodlights have started to go in this week at least one now completed with LED lights new posts put in this is the start.

Along with the news of the Academy a positive week.

Any sign of the new stand ?

22 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

New Floodlights have started to go in this week at least one now completed with LED lights new posts put in this is the start.

Fair enough. Their ground is a disgrace, but at least they are slowly working to rectify it.

21 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

I don’t why people bother posting stuff like this, let’s just see what happens? Carter himself last week spoke about the funding for the new stand, seeming to suggest that no figure has yet been set in concrete. 

21 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

I don’t why people bother posting stuff like this, let’s just see what happens? 

I similarly despair sometimes.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

3 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

I look forward to now having an illuminated view of salubrious Belle Vue next time I visit

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Any sign of the new stand ?

Planning application to be heard next month along with the enabling development, all will be much clearer after that. The NM developer will either pay up or #### us off again. If its the former then construction is due to start this September, if its the later we are back to square 1 but with brighter flood lights.

Pretty much everyone, inclusive of the chairman, is in the believe it when the see it/sit in it club. 

10 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Planning application to be heard next month along with the enabling development, all will be much clearer after that. The NM developer will either pay up or #### us off again. If its the former then construction is due to start this September, if its the later we are back to square 1 but with brighter flood lights.

Pretty much everyone, inclusive of the chairman, is in the believe it when the see it/sit in it club. 

Good luck with it. 

It will completely rejuvenate Wakey if this new stand gets completed. It looks like it has potential to bring some much needed money into the club on and out of match day. 

Great news about the lights. This may not have been mentioned but a few weeks ago there was a brand new roof put on the cats bar area too and I believe mention of the changing rooms being updated too. Small things I know but the clubs making efforts and I really hope the planning gets passed and the developer don’t take the mickey out of the club.

1 minute ago, meast said:

I'm going to Wakefield's ground today.

Wakefield AFC's home ground at Featherstone that is

🙂

And long may they stay there. 👍

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

14 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Enabling development won’t be next month, official line is July but i don’t expect that until September at the earliest. They are also trying to wriggle out of their financial obligations again. 

11 minutes ago, meast said:

Not  a fan then?

Wouldn't a fairly successful football club in Wakefield have benefits for trinity and the city?

Stay paranoid and trust no one is my motto.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

14 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Enabling development won’t be next month, official line is July but i don’t expect that until September at the earliest. They are also trying to wriggle out of their financial obligations again. 

Hopefully the planning conditions are a little more binding in that no development shall commence on the warehouse unit until £Xm has been deposited into an account that will pay for the stadium upgrade. 

2 hours ago, meast said:

Not  a fan then?

Wouldn't a fairly successful football club in Wakefield have benefits for trinity and the city?

They want to play at Belle Vue but we said no due to wear and tear on pitch so they ended up at fev.  Don’t know if that will change when we get 4 g pitch laid.  I’m a football fan (lapsed against modern football) and would like to see a fairly successful football club in Wakefield and playing in Wakefield.

Archived