Bradford Result

wayne_r

I think we have real potential this season after watching the win over Bradford on Saturday. As long as Ridyard stays fit and gets protection,  as I am sure clubs will target him, we will do well. The pack looked good, strong, mobile  and fit - the Bradford pack faded in second half but our lads kept going. Backs also look impressive, Hansen as always, centres and wingers also good. Considering it was the first run out as a team they all did really well. It bodes well for the season but Newcastle will be a stiff challenge. Will be difficult selecting the starting 17 for the Newcastle match.

10 minutes ago, wayne_r said:

I think we have real potential this season after watching the win over Bradford on Saturday. As long as Ridyard stays fit and gets protection,  as I am sure clubs will target him, we will do well. The pack looked good, strong, mobile  and fit - the Bradford pack faded in second half but our lads kept going. Backs also look impressive, Hansen as always, centres and wingers also good. Considering it was the first run out as a team they all did really well. It bodes well for the season but Newcastle will be a stiff challenge. Will be difficult selecting the starting 17 for the Newcastle match.

Okay, it was only a friendly, but what a signal of intent. There's no reason why we can't take some scalps this season and a top half finish is the least we should aim for. 

Yes it was a friendly but both sides played it as a competitive match - and Bradford always have high expectations of themselves, so I agree it was a statement of intent and the game against Newcastle will be a stern test - already counting the days.

Archived