Three rather than One?

33 minutes ago, John Boriston said:

Hull have just announced that they will run with 3 Captains next season, please illuminate me why 3 is better than 1?

Thanks

HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE HOLY TRINITY MAN.........OHHHH..... YE OF LITTLE FAITH.

Hull are a bit late to the party with this one. Its been common in the NRL for years with clubs having a 'Leadership team'. They then name a 'club captain' but have different on field captains on match day.

Holbrook used it at Saints when he took over though i'm not sure if Woolf has continued it or not. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Easier not to make a decision, no one gets upset at not being picked when they think they should be,  

eerrm - Decisive decision making  it ain't....

Maybe SL should have had more than one CEO/ Elstone, in the same "decisive" decision making...

1 hour ago, John Boriston said:

Hull have just announced that they will run with 3 Captains next season, please illuminate me why 3 is better than 1?

Thanks

Well it's two more John. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

My take on this multiple Captain thing was that coaches expect more from the captain because of the honour of being given that role, so if you give it to 3 players, the coach likes to think that they he has got at least three players out there busting their gut that little bit more because they are the `Captain`. So at the end of the day it is just a way of extracting a little bit more from a couple more players.

I have always hated the idea of "co-captains", which reminds me of the particpation award concept, which everyone gets, so nobody's feelings are hurt.

It is now only a matter of time until teams start naming 17 captains in their matchday teams 🙂

Three is better than one.

The One Musketeer would have been terrible... or The One Amigo. What a about The One Stooge.

It's obvious. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

24 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Three is better than one.

The One Musketeer would have been terrible... or The One Amigo. What a about The One Stooge.

It's obvious. 

Why stop there? The famous five, the magnificent seven? The hateful eight, 101 dalmatians?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

8 hours ago, John Boriston said:

Thanks

I can't imagine it is better 

1 captain 

1 vice captain is enough 

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

When Michael Maguire came to Wigan in 2010 he instigated a leadership group of 5 captains. Wigan won the Grand Final.

I recall this being the beginning of the "leadership team" concept in SL. It's not exactly revolutionary and has been done afterwards by other clubs.

If Hodgson thinks that's the way forward, let's see how it goes. Most places of work have leadership teams these days, why not one on the field?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived