Halifax Friendly

jroyales

What do we expect to see this weekend?

Will Diskin start with what he considers to be his championship side or will he send out a team to learn from.

I hope it's the former, he must have an idea what his team will be. We only have a few weeks to get it right before

we play Swinton who beat Bradford last weekend!

Would like to see a few changes in the starting line up with Bridge coming back into the back row. Would like to see Barran get a chance to start at 6 as he was quite impressive and I'd also give Holcroft a go on the left wing . Would start Nelmes as well at prop. Was very hard to judge any of the new lads last week as we had so little ball.

Think this will be a much closer game than last week but it's all about getting ourselves ready for the league season for me, a good cup run would be a nice bonus .

I presume this game will be all about giving the whole squads a run out, they usually are. It's just a shame no one can go to watch it. 500/600 in for a friendly should be o.k. but I guess we'll just have to hang on a bit longer to see games in the flesh. 

Think the team will be very similar looking at the squad posted with Dupree and Heaton missing out but Pick and Spencer added in. 

Halifax's squad looks strong and will be another good test for us before the start of the season proper.

I usually come home from games frustrated with how we have played, or about referee decisions. But watching on OurLeague I have a new gripe. We can forgive commentators getting names wrong occasionally, but this was far too often in this production. Now lets get on to the on screen scoreboard, the only time it was correct was at nil-nil.

That being said i enjoyed the game.

a lot better by miles but whats made my day is for the first time in 5 years we have a attacking scrum half in barran.

cant see hewitt being the first choice scrum half now.

one thing i feel needs sorting out was that the oldham wingers and centres where dragged in the middle to often  leaving big gaps on the outside which halifax took full advantage of.

but it is a lot more promising.

22 minutes ago, tandle said:

a lot better by miles but whats made my day is for the first time in 5 years we have a attacking scrum half in barran.

cant see hewitt being the first choice scrum half now.

one thing i feel needs sorting out was that the oldham wingers and centres where dragged in the middle to often  leaving big gaps on the outside which halifax took full advantage of.

but it is a lot more promising.

I think Ince, Leeming and Heaton will start before 3 of the 4 wingers and centres today 

Much better performance as everyone has said. Terrible start probably cost us the game as we were at least as good as Fax for the last 60 mins. Think we really need to work on our short kicking game as were in control for a large part of the game but would continually let them off the hook but with disappointing last options kicking the ball dead 3 times in the first half.

Couple of downsides were disappointing. Thought Abram really struggled at full back and made way too many errors. Reilly has been poor both games and his effort for their 2nd try was terrible.

Langtree was very good and got a lot of good early ball on the left hand side. Barran again impressive at half back and I thought Charnock was much improved alongside him apart from that intercepted pass. Gregory was impressive and played a massive stint with Owen only coming back on for the last 13 mins. Pick looked promising when he came on and will be a big threat out wide  Also special mention to Joe Hartley, really struggled on the wing last week in his first ever game but was excellent at left centre.

Can't wait for Barrow next week in our first proper game.

Much better than last week but the gulf in class between Fev & Halifax is huge, which says a lot about the division. Thought Barran was great & looked really good behind a pack that more than held it's own & Charnock was much better. Nelmes & the new hooker was also very good. Fullback doesn't look great & 1 wing spot looks up for grabs (assuming we get everyone fit & Ince fills 1 spot). Overall encouraging & we need to build on next week & get our first win.

17 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Gregory is a find. Impressive. Didn’t catch the Feb game but by all accounts this was much better. Some Fax breakaway tries and too much dropped ball from Oldham but some strong tackling and though patchy cause for some optimism 

The Featherstone game is available on YouTube but I wouldn't recommend watching it unless you are VERY keen.

20 hours ago, Godzilla said:

The Featherstone game is available on YouTube but I wouldn't recommend watching it unless you are VERY keen.

you should watch it again  and watch your lads  with ball in hand  remember we FEV are a very good side but your lads were a credit to themselves and your club although  well beaten they never argued or blamed each other they never let their heads fall and played out the full 80 minutes 

Archived