sonny bill

tms

19 minutes ago, POR said:

That is irrelevant.  

CVC have bought 14% into the 6 Nations.  They have already bought into Premiership and Pro 14.  At least 2 groups are fighting over The All Blacks.

Welsh RU receive 50 million.   Quite a few people need to wake up.

Shame for so many players to end last year in the fashion they did with Toronto or without fans there. I hope there’s something at the Grand Final like they have at the Grand Final in the NRL where they honour retirees that year. I hope we replicate it and involve 2020’s retirees, it’s a shame that the O’Loughlin’s and Wilkin‘s, amongst others, went out the way they did. 

5 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

That is irrelevant.  

CVC have bought 14% into the 6 Nations.  They have already bought into Premiership and Pro 14.  At least 2 groups are fighting over The All Blacks.

What the hell you talking about?  

You do realise this is a thread about SBW retiring, right?

39 minutes ago, Click said:

What the hell you talking about?  

You do realise this is a thread about SBW retiring, right?

Obviously.  

But my point is that today, given the news which diminishes our game, it was irrelevant.

Try to pad out the story if you want, but there is something else going on which is much more important.

7 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

That is irrelevant.  

There's a thread on this over on the cross code forum if you want to chip in.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On SBW.

I am always interested in a players legacy and how they are remembered.  Williams is like Jason Robinson in that he was outstanding and played a lot of his career in Union and in League.

But because they divided their time between the two, they won't be remembered as all time greats in either code... very good yes, but not greats.

If Willams had played out his whole carer in League, it could be him being talked about as the best player of all time and not Cameron Smith. 

I am sure this won't bother him but it does interest me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Great Player and it seems the right time for him to call time on his Rugby League and Union career.

He should benefit financially from Boxing as hes got quite a name and can maximise that in fights to come. He lost alot of money with TWP losing their place in SL and letting all the Players and their contracts go.

In fairness to him too, as he said, He will see what hes like after 6 months solid of boxing training as opposed to the 6 weeks hes done before. I am curious to see how good he can be. 

Great player and great athlete no doubt about that.

As a person and and how he has gone about his career choices I do not rate him at all.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

13 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Obviously.  

But my point is that today, given the news which diminishes our game, it was irrelevant.

Try to pad out the story if you want, but there is something else going on which is much more important.

Bit of an irrelevant post when there's a global pandemic on.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

21 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Obviously.  

More investment into Union doesn’t diminish our game. 

Archived