The RFL provide Toulouse update

Toulouse have the strongest team in the Championship.

If they are denied promotion to Super League at season’s end because of Covid arrangements then it is a scandal. The RFL needs to bend the rules in favor of Toulouse should Toulouse achieve the crucial criterion of highest percentage of wins. 

Same with how Catalans had to play all their games here and got no help with the private flights they had to charter to get here. It’s shameful, all the teams should pay their share of the additional cost for the French teams. 

16 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Toulouse have the strongest team in the Championship.

If they are denied promotion to Super League at season’s end because of Covid arrangements then it is a scandal. The RFL needs to bend the rules in favor of Toulouse should Toulouse achieve the crucial criterion of highest percentage of wins. 

I think more than a few Fev fans might disagree with you on Toulouse having the strongest team. Certainly not a clear cut affair.

Ultimately, there is no way to keep things completely fair with Covid. There will be teams in every division that are going to get the rough end of the stick, either through the points %, uneven fixture list or track and trace stand downs.

So Toulouse are potentially going to play at home once all year then? Besides themselves and London, no one else is full-time, so they may have just the one home game. It’s not ideal and I’m not sure what could be done that’s a positive resolution for all parties but Toulouse, like Catalans last year and probably this year too, are going to have to do things the hard way. 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

In what way is this anything to do with the SL clubs ? , It is an RFL decision

Believe it was the SL clubs' Chairmen who voted TWP out❓ Even though TWP had a backer who I believe would bankroll them on the proviso that they were in SL❓

As always I am happy to be proved wrong by those more enlightened than I.

3 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Believe it was the SL clubs' Chairmen who voted TWP out❓ Even though TWP had a backer who I believe would bankroll them on the proviso that they were in SL❓

As always I am happy to be proved wrong by those more enlightened than I.

In what way is this decision about Toulouse anything to do with Toronto or the SL clubs ?

10 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

So Toulouse are potentially going to play at home once all year then? Besides themselves and London, no one else is full-time, so they may have just the one home game. It’s not ideal and I’m not sure what could be done that’s a positive resolution for all parties but Toulouse, like Catalans last year and probably this year too, are going to have to do things the hard way. 

Widnes definitely not full time then? 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

In what way is this anything to do with the SL clubs ? , It is an RFL decision

yep... but anyway others can bend into any discussion their pet bias is always taken... it becomes a pain that Toronto has to be in every thread... their like a bunch of remainers that can't let go or  like our dog with a bone 

4 minutes ago, redjonn said:

yep... but anyway others can bend into any discussion their pet bias is always taken... it becomes a pain that Toronto has to be in every thread... their like a bunch of remainers that can't let go or  like our dog with a bone 

Toronto or Leigh, to be fair! 

Archived