The Exiles would be much too strong for England

14 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Either Greg Inglis or Bevan French alone can humiliate any  England team. Everybody knows that.

No one has seen Greg Inglis play for 2 years, he might be rubbish now.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

I do rate Josh Reynolds, who is a renowned former cult figure at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. However Josh Reynolds is now contracted to a club called Hull FC, and the owner of Hull FC -- a dreadfully mean spirited person who still operates in the UK and much of western Europe under the legally registered name Adam Pearson -- has said that he will not allow Hull FC players to participate in the game. This means that poor old Josh Reynolds would not be able to be selected, even if his form in Super League during 2021 somehow put him ahead of the illustrious Blake Austin and James Maloney in the pecking order .

Pearson MIGHT change his mind. 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

56 minutes ago, 7723 said:

No one has seen Greg Inglis play for 2 years, he might be rubbish now.

A player of the talent of Greg Inglis will never be rubbish. I don’t expect him to be very good for at least six rounds, because of his absence from the field for two years. But he might be only average for the first six weeks. Average is much, much better than rubbish.

14 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Point out to me a recent season when the RFL haven't changed their minds.

What are you trying to say?

Are you suggesting that the person known as Adam Pearson is in fact the RFL?

9 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

What are you trying to say?

Are you suggesting that the person known as Adam Pearson is in fact the RFL?

Not at all, I suggested Reynolds but you overruled my suggestion on the grounds that Pearson has said Hull FC players can't take part in an exiles game, I then suggested he may change his mind, you then said he has never changed his mind (obviously you must of had a bad experience with Pearson) I pointed out that the game is a MIGHT and that the RFL have a track record of changing their mind before, during and after a season, so up to now every thing is just a MIGHT even your selection for the exiles.

2 hours ago, Allora said:

If England as the biggest nation in our game in the northern hemisphere had kept building up and supporting the game in France we would not be in this position.

It’s a sad indictment on the game in Europe that France was allowed to wither on the Vine for many years compared to what they once were.

Wales, Ireland, Scotland, anywhere else... have gone backwards at a great rate of knots for decades.

I am concerned about this great game in the North.

It is not going forward, it is not treading water, it is going backwards in my opinion long before “COVID” affected the world.

England/GB have played France 16 times between 2001 and 2019.

During that period Catalans have been admitted to SL and Toulouse into the Championships. 

English RL is not neglecting France no matter how many times it gets repeated. 

11 hours ago, Davo5 said:

If Reynolds can’t match Maloney’s efforts so far in Superleague,Hull should seek a refund.

I'm looking forward to Grub and Grub playing in the same side, if they click they will cause the opposition some problems, or should I say MIGHT cause some problems unless Pearson has anything to do with it.

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

During that period Catalans have been admitted to SL and Toulouse into the Championships. 

Do you know the breakdown of the games Dave... how many were in tournaments (World Cups, Four Nations) and how many were stand alone tests?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I'm looking forward to Grub and Grub playing in the same side, if they click they will cause the opposition some problems, or should I say MIGHT cause some problems unless Pearson has anything to do with it.

Don’t know about the opposition but they’ll certainly keep the referee in the game.

52 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Laughable, this. 

England have played France six times since 2010 in a non-tournament (4 Nations/World Cup) game. England have played France twice in the past 5 years. England have played France in France 5 times this century. 

England and the RFL have treated International Rugby with contempt to say the least and have treated the Northern Hemisphere nations, France being the best of those, even worse. 

40 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Do you know the breakdown of the games Dave... how many were in tournaments (World Cups, Four Nations) and how many were stand alone tests?

Without going checking, I can remember playing them in 2013 WC and the one 4N that they made. We did also play that tri nations with Wales and France where I think we played them twice. So iirc it's 4 tournament games and 12 standalone tests. 

It would have been more had France not missed out on qualification to 4N tournaments to both Wales and Scotland. 

That is from memory though. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Laughable, this. 

England have played France six times since 2010 in a non-tournament (4 Nations/World Cup) game. England have played France twice in the past 5 years. England have played France in France 5 times this century. 

England and the RFL have treated International Rugby with contempt to say the least and have treated the Northern Hemisphere nations, France being the best of those, even worse. 

That's a really weird way of looking at it.  Why would you strip out tournament games? 

If we strip out tournaments, England RU haven't played Scotland RU for over 100 years. (This may not be entirely true :kolobok_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

That's a really weird way of looking at it.  Why would you strip out tournament games? 

If we strip out tournaments, England RU haven't played Scotland RU for over 100 years. (This may not be entirely true :kolobok_biggrin:

Because tournaments like the World Cup and 4N have seen France have had to qualify for them and weren’t organised games in the way a series is and are the outcome of a draw. Counting World Cup games to pad out an argument is the use of this places favourite word, a strawman. Counting a World Cup game in Perth is desperate and you can’t account for the outcome of a draw in that way. 

Just now, Dave T said:

I think it is a fair way to look at the situation and it was the point I was making about how many tests we played against France outside of the tournaments.

A World Cup has a (semi) random draw so playing any given team is based on the draw and possible results in the tournament... it is not a 'commitment' to play a team.

As for the 4 Nations.  I don't think it is controversial to say that the big ticket items there were the Kangaroos and Kiwis.  The question is, would we have played games against France if those 4 Nations were not taking place.  I don't know the answer but I can hazard a guess.

The bottom line is that the French are the only established and historic Rugby League side in the Northern hemisphere and we could benefit each other by playing test matches - including md season - far more easily than the SH teams.  I still believe that we do not play them enough and we are missing opportunities by not doing so.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

England have played 42 times since 2010 against:

NZ - 12 times

France - 9 times

Australia - 8 times

PNG - 2 times

Wales - 2 times

Samoa - 2 times

Lebanon - 1 time

Scotland - 1 time

Italy - 1 time

Ireland - 1 time

Fiji - 1 time

Tonga - 1 time

Maori - 1 time

The team who have been neglected by British RL are England themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think it is a fair way to look at the situation and it was the point I was making about how many tests we played against France outside of the tournaments.

A World Cup has a (semi) random draw so playing any given team is based on the draw and possible results in the tournament... it is not a 'commitment' to play a team.

As for the 4 Nations.  I don't think it is controversial to say that the big ticket items there were the Kangaroos and Kiwis.  The question is, would we have played games against France if those 4 Nations were not taking place.  I don't know the answer but I can hazard a guess.

The bottom line is that the French are the only established and historic Rugby League side in the Northern hemisphere and we could benefit each other by playing test matches - including md season - far more easily than the SH teams.  I still believe that we do not play them enough and we are missing opportunities by not doing so.

I just cannot accept that we are questioning how many times we have played France, but then remove some of those actual games against France. 

The evidence is that we would have arranged those games against France - out of the last 9 games only 2 were in 4N and WC's. So we arranged 7 other games against France in those 9 years. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I just cannot accept that we are questioning how many times we have played France, but then remove some of those actual games against France. 

The evidence is that we would have arranged those games against France - out of the last 9 games only 2 were in 4N and WC's. So we arranged 7 other games against France in those 9 years. 

You cannot accept how a random draw works? That’s odd. 

We’ve organised very few games anyway and even fewer against France than we probably should have. 

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

You cannot accept how a random draw works? That’s odd. 

We’ve organised very few games anyway and even fewer against France than we probably should have. 

The facts show we play France regularly. You want to strip some of those games out for some reason. 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Well, I remain of the opinion that we play far too little international Rugby League as it is by far the best vehicle for promoting our game and breaking out from the core base we have.

And France offer the only established Rugby League test nation and they literally on our doorstep.  I am of the opinion that we have not played them (or indeed anyone else) nearly enough.  Happy to disagree if you are ok with the number of times we play tests against France.

Just now, Dunbar said:

Well, I remain of the opinion that we play far too little international Rugby League as it is by far the best vehicle for promoting our game and breaking out from the core base we have.

And France offer the only established Rugby League test nation and they literally on our doorstep.  I am of the opinion that we have not played them (or indeed anyone else) nearly enough.  Happy to disagree if you are ok with the number of times we play tests against France.

I agree England haven't played enough games. Nowhere near. 

France are 2nd on our list of opponents over the last decade - if I was going to focus on an area of improvement for England's fixtures, that isn't necessarily where I would focus. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The facts show we play France regularly. You want to strip some of those games out for some reason. 

Because you cannot account for a random draw in a global competition and attempting to count a game in Perth, WA is clutching at straws. I’m not sure what’s hard to grasp about this. 

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Because you cannot account for a random draw in a global competition and attempting to count a game in Perth, WA is clutching at straws. I’m not sure what’s hard to grasp about this. 

Because the discussion is about how many games we have played against France. 

They are games. 

Archived