Hull KR Temporary Ground Upgrade

Such a great idea this, hopefully most members will now be able to get in.

It’s not like it’s going to make any money back at all, given we’ve all already paid, so frankly for Neil Hudgell to put up the cash to do this is a great gesture for the local community. God knows what would have happened to this club over the last 20 years without that bloke. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Hull KR practising for the future here. To satisfy SL's ground criteria, you just need to be able to produce really good drawings of things that have not happened yet - like new stadiums. 

You never have to build them - it's the drawings that do the trick. But keep this secret to yourselves Hull KR fans - we don't want everyone knowing. 

I actually think it's a good idea for those whose sarcasm detectors might not be working. 

Great to see this happening!

Over the last decade Hull KRs stadium has become perfectly fitting for modern day professional sports. It may not have happened all at once or had the opening day fanfare of a completely new stadium but it’s every bit as good as any other stadium in the game.

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Shame it’s temporary (as in only for a couple of months) and not something more permanent as that stand isn’t in the same postcode as the rest of the ground. 

I agree but the capacity on the other 3 sides is over 10,000 which is enough for most games. That's why the South End is closed most of the time and has not been a priority.

The temporary stand at the South End will be open for the derby when hopefully all restrictions are lifted. It would be great to see a full house on all 4 sides.

Rovers are getting very close to the purchase of the freehold which is very exciting.

17 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

There is a lot of excellent work going on behind the scenes.

It is no secret that the club wishes to buy the stadium and when this happens, I can tell you now we are going to start seeing a lot of good things happen. 

Who owns the stadium then?

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Who owns the stadium then?

Hull KR own the leasehold on the stadium and Hull City Council own the freehold. Rovers are looking to purchase the freehold to both the stadium and surrounding land. The council have made encouraging noises of support as has local MP Karl Turner.

I admit I don't fully understand the benefits of owning the freehold because Rovers already get all proceeds from activities at the ground such as concerts etc. . But Neil Hudgell is prepared to finance a 7 figure bid so obviously he thinks it is well worth it.

22 hours ago, MrPosh said:

I assumed by the title they were moving in with FC.

Only Hull City AFC could decide that.

Whether they would want both Rovers and Hull FC paying rent I don't know but Rovers declined the offer when the stadium opened and after all the investment in Craven Park I don't suppose anything has changed.

22 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

I admit I don't fully understand the benefits of owning the freehold because Rovers already get all proceeds from activities at the ground such as concerts etc. . But Neil Hudgell is prepared to finance a 7 figure bid so obviously he thinks it is well worth it.

The benefit is that it will then make capital investment make much more sense. When we own the freehold to the land around the stadium we can (well, let’s be honest, Neil can...) do things like take out commercial loans to build a hotel at the south end (near the Europe ferry terminal...) that also incorporates a stand and corporate and event facilities. Much harder to do that as a leaseholder. We can also invest in a high performance centre on the training fields behind the East Stand, again likely with some linked commercial development too. 

Maybe can’t afford to do either today, but as freeholders we’ll always be in a better position to control future decisions like that. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

25 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Only Hull City AFC could decide that.

Whether they would want both Rovers and Hull FC paying rent I don't know but Rovers declined the offer when the stadium opened and after all the investment in Craven Park I don't suppose anything has changed.

You're discussing with a joke.

People called Romans they go the house

40 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

This is a long overdue but an excellent idea. I wish Leeds would do the same. Not all clubs can within their stadiums or surrounding areas but clubs need to improve their match day experience away from just a game, a pie and a rubbish pint. People want a lot more these days 

Street food and craft ale are hugely popular with younger and middle aged demographics and we should be targeting the wider community to create events which draw people in. Hats off to Hull KR, they’ve announced some really exciting plans off the field. Lakin certainly seems to be making a good impression 

Archived