NRL faults on Sky recordings?

Set recordings on Sky Arena for the UK Saturday morning showings at Sydney Roosters & later at Penrith.

Got 35 minutes from the Roosters game and a failed message for the Penrith match in it's entirety?

Anyone else get problems for recordings?

Not sure if it's my Sky box or did they have external issues?

8 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Set recordings on Sky Arena for the UK Saturday morning showings at Sydney Roosters & later at Penrith.

Got 35 minutes from the Roosters game and a failed message for the Penrith match in it's entirety?

Both recorded here maybe the weather where you are. 

13 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

We got plenty of comments about the state of play on the match thread, so it appears to have broadcast as normal. 

Maybe best to make a few recordings today, just to test your Sky Box.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just wondering if the recording failure may be down to me setting the recording slot times a good few days in advance and Sky possibly amending the actual transmission timings nearer the matchday/kick-off?

This has supposedly happened on Freeview sport slots I believe?

I've tested the Sky box this afternoon and it records fine, even on the timer.

1 hour ago, Richard de la Riviere said:

About ten years ago, an NRL game I had recorded went to golden point. The recording ended just as a winger was diving for the tryline, and the fullback was in the process of tackling him!

Quite a common problem with NRL on Sky, even without golden point. I complained to them about recordings ending before the final whistle. I even threatened to cancel my subscription. Their response; whilst they did not want to lose my custom, they had no intention to get the EPG correct. 

58 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Just wondering if the recording failure may be down to me setting the recording slot times a good few days in advance and Sky possibly amending the actual transmission timings nearer the matchday/kick-off?

Don't believe that freesports update their EPG too often. Bit of a cheap and cheerful channel, don't have the resources to match Sky or BT 

7 hours ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Yep, I set it to record Tuesday.... Checked last night just in case and it was not set to record so I set it again and all good..... Its happened before so I know to double check

16 hours ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Your best bet is to set “end recording” 30 minutes after.

Archived