Todays game

Dog forever

4 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Happy with last 15 mins, shocking up to then. Looking for a bit more entertainment 2nd half. We need to sort our kicking game out .

I'd be happy with a set of tackles on our line without them scoring. Thought our kicking game has been ok, it is our forwards not getting us on the front foot that is causing us to kick from very deep. Nice try though  from Hall. Let's hope he can continue to impress!

Fev look very good, and we struggled to put them to ground most of the time tbh. We can't compete with them but we showed some promise and Hall looks nailed on for a Fev shirt next season...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good second half to each half.  Another good try by hall. Thought gilmore looked very good today. Made a difference when leaky came on and organised players. Too many missed tackles and up the middle rugby. When we started throwing the ball about we looked pretty good. 

17 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Good second half to each half.  Another good try by hall. Thought gilmore looked very good today. Made a difference when leaky came on and organised players. Too many missed tackles and up the middle rugby. When we started throwing the ball about we looked pretty good. 

That's what Batley need to do. They looked impressive at times when they kept the ball alive. Fev fan.

Just now, Dog forever said:

Forwards were well beat today and that didn't help the half backs. Much improved in the last 20 and young Hall looks a keeper! Where to fit him in? I wonder how effective he might be as a full back. Quite the problem for CL.

22 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Forwards were well beat today and that didn't help the half backs. Much improved in the last 20 and young Hall looks a keeper! Where to fit him in? I wonder how effective he might be as a full back. Quite the problem for CL.

We'd of struggled without Walshaw & Tonks today both defended well 

cl is gonna struggle picking his back line but his forwards pick themselves leak with Kaye at 9 

we are looked tired first 20 minutes but looked better as time went on... did we get a back to 6 or a penalty 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

we will get better week by week 

24 minutes ago, distantdog said:

young Hall looks a keeper! Where to fit him in? I wonder how effective he might be as a full back. Quite the problem for CL.

I think the decision for CL is where to fit the remaining backs in around him, he's clearly going to be your biggest threat for as long as you can keep him, I think there might be bigger clubs in for him than us if he keeps that sort of form up.

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think the decision for CL is where to fit the remaining backs in around him, he's clearly going to be your biggest threat for as long as you can keep him, I think there might be bigger clubs in for him than us if he keeps that sort of form up.

Worry not, we'll have him on a 10 year contract!

7 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't think Hall should be in the team at all, that way no other knows how good he is and we can keep hold of him for a few seasons - simples

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

46 minutes ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

Cheers lad

I am unhappy with this gender specific term and "cheers person" or "cheers individual being of a non descriptive pronoun" would be more apt in future matey 👍

5 hours ago, Dog forever said:

I think Morton will be the first name on the team sheet, he seems our only goal kicker...

Archived