Todays game

Dog forever

Sanderson!! Anyways.....yes Hall was on form today, even on defence when he knocked their winger down 1 on 1, for a slight lad he took his share of drives in. Wardy, what's new, put a stunt in as did Blaggers, nobody else impressed me much today. Much as I want Tom Gilmore to shine, and he did put Hall through for the first try, as said elsewhere he didn't get the platform today. The return to tackling would be an advantage, we donated 3 tries of their 6 and were fooled with another 2. Since Rhino and JK's time we built our successes on tackling keeping teams quiet for an hour then kicking on, we were 18 down today before we remembered that tackling was allowed.

When Batley worked with the ball in hand they looked quite good, but, as posted at the top, the defence was very poor, especially when Ferguson scored; players on his shoulders, but nobody tried to grab his legs. This happened more than once.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

It's incredibly difficult to read too much into the game yesterday. 

Lots of swapping and changing throughout the match, poor conditions, no crowd and the 2nd game in a year. Players will not be fully fit and of course rusty. 

It's just so nice to see both teams playing again and I'm sure it'll be a different game the next time we play.

Good luck this season.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

I thought our defence was shocking and we seemed to do the one up, pass behind the first runner wide every time, barring once when we scored, that move is very good when it is done close and late ,linners used to time it very well and break through many times,when its done close it is very hard to defend.

Know it's nothing to do with this thread but Mark Aston on TotalRL is tipping Tyler Dickinson for stardom...he'll have to have improved a lot from what he put in at our place. Reece Dean also got a number at Newcastle.

Zaz9, same move that got Jodie's try v Rams except went through more hands. Could work as well as the Stainburn/Geary move if it's near enough the line with Walshaw busting in. Running that diagonal pulls defenders all over.

Archived