Air fryers...anyone have anything positive to say?

Chips are ok in an air fryer - not great but way better than oven chips. But chicken wings, thighs, drumsticks are all really tasty, particularly if you cook with the skin on. Might try fish fingers next......

Our bread maker is used probably once a fortnight and the loaf is usually gone in 24 hours.

We got a sandwich toaster where you could swap the hot plates for waffle grids - the waffles are lovely but at 7 minutes cooking time for a pair, it takes a while to build up a batch.....

Got a slow cooker, but everything seems to come out dry, so we sort of fell out of love with that.

Ice cream maker got a hammering last summer in lockdown, vanilla was particularly good, but when you've got ice cream in the house, you tend to eat it - had to stop with that due to 'coviditis' (putting on weight).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, neanderthal said:

Got a slow cooker, but everything seems to come out dry, so we sort of fell out of love with that.

It does depend what you cook in it. Not everything responds well to a slow cooker.

Lean cuts of meat, especially, are a no-no. But the positive of this is that the ideal cuts are the cheaper ones. Ribs, necks, shanks/houghs, cheeks and oxtail are all good, plus the slow cooker is great for stews/curries/chillis.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived