Channel 4-Championship

I saw it suggested on a club Facebook page that Channel 4 could be interested in being a broadcast partner for Championship clubs.

And indeed it was suggested it was on here somewhere but I have not yet seen it.

Now is there truth in this?

And if there is then I personally think that they would be an ideal broadcast partner for these clubs.After all from memory I think they were the first U.K. broadcaster to give us American Football which did well viewing figures wise.So could they do something for clubs outside Super League?

And Channel 4 DNA does tend to be very pro underdog and have often championed the underdog,sometimes yes controversially.That I think could be good for these clubs though of course it would not be controversial unlike say Frank Gallagher from that hilarious and funny as show Shameless.

I hope it is true and I think it would help the financial future of these clubs plus of course being free to air it could give the clubs a huge boost coverage wise.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

It's a fantasy created by fantasists.

Yeah why would a national broadcasters on terrestrial tv want to show a part time second division? The sensible option may be to sell SL as a package like the Premier League do with Sky, BT and Amazon

12 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Yeah why would a national broadcasters on terrestrial tv want to show a part time second division? The sensible option may be to sell SL as a package like the Premier League do with Sky, BT and Amazon

want to show a part time second division?  because that part time second division will be a better watch than SL 

3 minutes ago, POR said:

want to show a part time second division?  because that part time second division will be a better watch than SL 

They wouldn’t want to show SL either, rugby league doesn’t fit in with channel 4’s agenda. 

Rob, you've spotted an old story from 2 years ago which I posted on the Lions family page. Total RL ran a story that Channel 4 were interested in broadcasting the Championship and I just brought it to the attention of our group. The old posting has been dug up and I have pointed out on the family page that it is an old story.

So I think the admin could close this thread.

7 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Channel 4 !!!? They'd go for it if the winners had to bake a cake while naked. Otherwise not in their target area.

If you went to most of the clubs i've been involved with i recon 90% of the players would be up for that

Archived