Halifax Away Challenge Cup

Keep The Faith

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shall we get this out of the way...........🤣

I thought you dominated us all over the park and as mentioned I thought we looked like we could play till midnight without scoring. Not many positives we can take out of that and a good bit of revenge for the ex-Fax players who completley out played their opposites.

41 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I thought you dominated us all over the park and as mentioned I thought we looked like we could play till midnight without scoring. Not many positives we can take out of that and a good bit of revenge for the ex-Fax players who completley out played their opposites.

Absolutely spot on! The only positive I can take out of that as a Fax fan was the stream on my mobile kept freezing and I missed more or less all the 2nd half. Well done Batley. 🤷🏻‍♂️

51 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

You forgot to mention this

Batley look like a team that will be m(or|)e worried about relegation than top 6 so a loss to them really would be a worry.

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Batley look like a team that will be m(or|)e worried about relegation than top 6 so a loss to them really would be a worry.

.........  and even after tonight he still thinks that. But fair enough he is entitled to his views!

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

He/she couldn't have been much more complimentary towards Batley's performance. 

6 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

He/she couldn't have been much more complimentary towards Batley's performance. 

Batley had 3 match players missing as did fax with Worthington, Brierley and the loanee from Wigan... I thought Batley would miss our 3 more but the players who went out the paddock stepped up.... fax were lucky to score as hall went the wrong way... he got it right a few moments later when he stopped a certain try to level up

fax's halves were playing behind a poor back with 1-2 players doing okay Bob fairbank didn't stop coming all night, grix did what he wanted & slowed it down with his kicking game didn't let Harris nor Robinson control it.. Brandon Moore was your best player with and without the ball 

Batley's forwards  stood up in both defence and attack getting us over the advantage line which was needed after the pre season games... which helped Gilmore & white... Kaye and leak work wonderful too Tonks & Walshaw with young Buchanan and Logan didn't look shy for work which is needed 

We won't be far off with the squad we have if we build with confidence and effort like that 

10 hours ago, distantdog said:

.........  and even after tonight he still thinks that. But fair enough he is entitled to his views!

AAh sorry I should have been clearer that I was more in agreement about if we lose I would be worried.  I still don't think that Batley will be near the top 6 come the end of the season though.

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

AAh sorry I should have been clearer that I was more in agreement about if we lose I would be worried.  I still don't think that Batley will be near the top 6 come the end of the season though.

Why don't you?... I think fax will struggle without a murrell type of player - fax fans I know have said the same it's okay having two young halves but you always need a older head to steady them around the park....  murrell is one of them you didn't have anyone geein them up last night which Kaye and murrell did in the past but then again what do I know... I think if Batley turn up for each other every week they'll not be far off the 6... with brown Manning and bowman to return 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Batley had 3 match players missing as did fax with Worthington, Brierley and the loanee from Wigan... I thought Batley would miss our 3 more but the players who went out the paddock stepped up.... fax were lucky to score as hall went the wrong way... he got it right a few moments later when he stopped a certain try to level up

fax's halves were playing behind a poor back with 1-2 players doing okay Bob fairbank didn't stop coming all night, grix did what he wanted & slowed it down with his kicking game didn't let Harris nor Robinson control it.. Brandon Moore was your best player with and without the ball 

Batley's forwards  stood up in both defence and attack getting us over the advantage line which was needed after the pre season games... which helped Gilmore & white... Kaye and leak work wonderful too Tonks & Walshaw with young Buchanan and Logan didn't look shy for work which is needed 

We won't be far off with the squad we have if we build with confidence and effort like that 

Fair assesment.

We were also missing Morris, Brierley, Kavanagh, and Hewitt. I expect 3 of those to be starters in our pack but like you say our pack was poor and my only hope is that when we get those players back in we will be a lot better. Fairbank and Springer were our only forwards actually offering go forward and our back row were poor. We insist on having a hooker on the bench who Im afraid would not stand out in the league below and all it does is mean our best player Moore is off the pitch when he showed in SL he can comfortably do 80 minutes. Grix at full back is supposed to have a steadying influence on the team but he makes so many mistakes and wrong decisions but that is not going to change any time soon.

Taking nothing away from Batley as I said because they were by far the better team and I wish you good luck against Fev next week.

Just now, Keep The Faith said:

Why don't you?... I think fax will struggle without a murrell type of player - fax fans I know have said the same it's okay having two young halves but you always need a older head to steady them around the park....  murrell is one of them you didn't have anyone geein them up last night which Kaye and murrell did in the past but then again what do I know... I think if Batley turn up for each other every week they'll not be far off the 6... with brown Manning and bowman to return 

I just think theres better teams and one good performance against a Fax team whos poor performance can't be overstated should not be used to judge how the season is going to go. I still think Fax will finish above Batley by the end of the season and it is mainly based on looking through your team. Just as an example on your 3 players to return I wouldnt have any of them near the current Fax team but on last nights performance all 3 would walk in. I could say the same for a lot of your players though but that could be the good thing for Batley when you sign a load of players that have been written off by clubs then good things can happen. We had the same in 98, we had players deemed not good enough for so called better clubs and we shocked everyone finishing 3rd. There is nothing to stop Batley doing the same, Fax will finish where we will finish but if Batley finish in the top 6 ahead of teams that are tipped to finish there then I will be pleased because Batley are a club that I admire.

51 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Of course you don't have to apologise. And as I said, you are very much entitled to whatever view you hold as I stated. My view is that for us it will be a massive achievement to get around the top 6. Halifax have an expectation that they will, so it is all about perceptions of our squads I suppose.

On yesterday's performances, right now, I wouldn't have too great expectations of Halifax, but of course we are at the beginning of a long competition.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Just as an example on your 3 players to return I wouldnt have any of them near the current Fax team

'Dane Manning beast, Id have him straight back, what a player for us and defo up there with the best back rowers I have seen in the championship. '

Whatever happened to consistency?

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fair assesment.

We were also missing Morris, Brierley, Kavanagh, and Hewitt. I expect 3 of those to be starters in our pack but like you say our pack was poor and my only hope is that when we get those players back in we will be a lot better. Fairbank and Springer were our only forwards actually offering go forward and our back row were poor. We insist on having a hooker on the bench who Im afraid would not stand out in the league below and all it does is mean our best player Moore is off the pitch when he showed in SL he can comfortably do 80 minutes. Grix at full back is supposed to have a steadying influence on the team but he makes so many mistakes and wrong decisions but that is not going to change any time soon.

Taking nothing away from Batley as I said because they were by far the better team and I wish you good luck against Fev next week.

Hey don't be putting the black dog on us (Fev). We aren't in the next round nor would we presume to be. Well done Batley.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

'Dane Manning beast, Id have him straight back, what a player for us and defo up there with the best back rowers I have seen in the championship. '

Whatever happened to consistency?

Again more on how he performed for us rather than how he has performed since. Im still slightly dirty on him for leaving Fax the minute things got tough especially after Fax stood by him after he missed weeks of rugby after a non rugby related incident.

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

Of course you don't have to apologise. And as I said, you are very much entitled to whatever view you hold as I stated. My view is that for us it will be a massive achievement to get around the top 6. Halifax have an expectation that they will, so it is all about perceptions of our squads I suppose.

On yesterday's performances, right now, I wouldn't have too great expectations of Halifax, but of course we are at the beginning of a long competition.

Trouble is Fax, after yesterday, are at the end of two short competitions. 🙄

Archived