Match Thread: Challenge Cup First Round, Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Sunday-21st-March-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If Davies is not good enough to get into our 17 i have wasted 65 yrs watching the game as i have learned nothing.

of course he's good enough to get into the 17 but so are many others so it's down to the coaches choice for a certain match and for bradford  he's made his choice whether we like it or not

I'm sure  as the season goes on other players who fan's want in the team will miss some games

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Given they've mentioned that Joe Summers, who most Fev fans wouldn't recognise if they bumped into him,

I think joe was mentioned to let fans know he's still injured I'm sure if  he was fit his absence along side john's wouldn't have been mentioned

BBC strike again. 2 tries scored while they are sorting out the mess NOW 24-6 £150 quid plus for a licence and they cant get a simple bit of tech right.

Kendal and his whistle , 2 on report and stop start . Commentary however is OK.

Bit easier than i forecast and the scorline was about right.Impressd by our fitness as we kept going for the full 80 min.Not going to name any forwards as i thought they all put a shift in and it would be unfare to leave any out.Parata has played himself above Brown in the number 9 pecking order and Fergie looks good off the bench.Craig Hall my man of match sound as a pound as usual.Good finish by the Bradford winger for their 3rd try but he should have been tackled.So its on to Batley next week.

Job done, not totally convincing by any means, we got sucked into the niggle when Flanagan was on the field, and we lacked fluency at times. Still, if you can win 41-16 whilst being a bit patchy it can't be too bad I suppose. Kopczak was tremendous and good performances from Hall, Cooper, and both Fergie and Parata made an impact when they came on.

Chissy had one of his quieter games and wisely withdrawn by Webster after his second warning for a shoulder charge. I wasn't convinced the second one was a shoulder charge but would need to see it again, he needs to watch that.

Nu Brown did one or two good things but also made some errors especially the missed tackle when Bradford's wing scored. Think he lacks confidence right now in a new team after so long off. Then again Brad Day threw out two shocking passes which is most unlike him and again a clear sign of rustiness after a long time off, we all know he'll be fine. Trouble is for Nu he's going to struggle to get a game when Holmes is fit especially with Parata going so well.

We didn't get a major contribution from our halves so I guess to still score 40+ was satisfactory even though Bradford did look very moderate.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Job done, not totally convincing by any means, we got sucked into the niggle when Flanagan was on the field, and we lacked fluency at times. Still, if you can win 41-16 whilst being a bit patchy it can't be too bad I suppose. Kopczak was tremendous and good performances from Hall, Cooper, and both Fergie and Parata made an impact when they came on.

Chissy had one of his quieter games and wisely withdrawn by Webster after his second warning for a shoulder charge. I wasn't convinced the second one was a shoulder charge but would need to see it again, he needs to watch that.

Nu Brown did one or two good things but also made some errors especially the missed tackle when Bradford's wing scored. Think he lacks confidence right now in a new team after so long off. Then again Brad Day threw out two shocking passes which is most unlike him and again a clear sign of rustiness after a long time off, we all know he'll be fine. Trouble is for Nu he's going to struggle to get a game when Holmes is fit especially with Parata going so well.

We didn't get a major contribution from our halves so I guess to still score 40+ was satisfactory even though Bradford did look very moderate.

Chizzy ice pack on thigh at the end and limping slightly - hopefully just a precaution 

18 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Strange game

Very poor first 20 mins of both halves for me 

But saying that we scored 41 points in 40 very good mins which is a frightening prospect for opposistion when/if we click & the pitches harden up

It was an odd one.  A bit messy for much of it, neither of our half backs turned up, yet we managed 41 pts.....

57 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Hopefully, he was literally taken off immediately after he got his warning so hopefully just a minor thing.

Just as long as it keeps him out for just over a fortnight 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

48 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Just as long as it keeps him out for just over a fortnight 😉

No mention of Kendall I notice. He always want to be the centre of attention. yes some niggle but let the game flow Yes a patchy performance but 41 points is no mean feat

When Flanagan was throwing himself about I thought I was watching the wrong sport. As for today well if considering to some we had no half backs, yet score 41 points. Now I'm not saying they were brilliant, but over time Nui Brown will improve, and Chizzy we all know what this man is capable of. I wouldn't want to see a full performance in the first competitive game. It's all about looking to improve bit by bit, with possibly some blips along the way.

2 hours ago, Rarefrith said:

Ferguson out for a lengthy period with a hamstring injury and just cramp for Chisholm. Moors Ferres and Welham all available next week. 

If that is right its a pity about Ferguson who i thought he could do a good job for us off the bench.However it may be his body telling him enough is enough he has had a few injury problems over the last few years.Hope he manages to regain fitness and see out the season he always has a go.

Archived