Sun 21 Mar: CC1: West Wales Raiders v Widnes Vikings KO 12:45 (BBC Sport)

Who will win?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• West Wales Raiders
    • Widnes Vikings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/03/21 at 13:15

45 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Just had a look and it's all F.A. Cup now.

BBC always said iPlayer and online. Nothing about red button or 981.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

It was on on Thursday.

Who knows, but this is what they put out when they announced the fixtures:

3G8AVNzI?format=png&name=900x900

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Winners of this tie will now play Whitehaven.

Should be a comfortable Widnes victory, but I am genuinely curious if the Chase and Henson combination will give West Wales a cutting edge.

The only pity with Henson is that he could have been a top player if he changed codes twelve-fourteen years ago.

I chose West Wales emotionally in the hope that they get a moral victory. The truth is that Widnes should be too good for them. It's the only game I'm interested in for this round because of Chase and Henson though so will be cheering on West Wales.

13 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

Just checking Sky planner.Sunday Ch 981 Fev v Bulls 3pm. Raiders v Vikings, 7.15 pm. 

The BBC schedule agrees with you. https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p069dk6p

I guess they may not have known the FA Cup schedule when they put out the original release, hence not promising red button coverage.

Widnes Squad for today

Jack Owens, Jake Spedding,Ste Tyrer, Deon Cross, Danny Craven, Matty Smith, Paul Clough, Matt Cook, Shane Grady, Adam Lawton, Kenny Baker, Connor Dwyer, Owen Farnworth, Joe Lyons, Joe Edge, Owen Buckley, Calum O’Neill, Josh Wilde, Lewis Else, Will Tilleke, Daniel Hill

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Widnes Squad for today

Jack Owens, Jake Spedding,Ste Tyrer, Deon Cross, Danny Craven, Matty Smith, Paul Clough, Matt Cook, Shane Grady, Adam Lawton, Kenny Baker, Connor Dwyer, Owen Farnworth, Joe Lyons, Joe Edge, Owen Buckley, Calum O’Neill, Josh Wilde, Lewis Else, Will Tilleke, Daniel Hill

Bit dispiriting to see that even after losing 10-15 academy products to other SL & Championship clubs over the past couple of years, there's still some ex-academy players in line to make a first team debut, even after the production line has been turned off.  Quite a few in that squad won't have faced anyone as good as Rangi Chase can be on his day.

I wonder who will play hooker - doesn't seem to be a recognised no.9 in the squad, unless I missed someone.

BBC Breakfast had a nice interview with Gavin Henson. Unfortunately, it was prefaced by the person doing the sports round up saying he would be making his debut "tomorrow" and it would be against "Super League side Widnes".

with the nightclubs been closed at the min rangi should be quite fit and fresh for todays game

?- so is this game on the red button at any time today?

?-so if i want to watch live do i go to the bbc sport website and go from there?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

with the nightclubs been closed at the min rangi should be quite fit and fresh for todays game

?- so is this game on the red button at any time today?

?-so if i want to watch live do i go to the bbc sport website and go from there

If you want to watch live, you need to go to the BBC website. If you want to watch on the red button, I believe it's on at 7:15pm.

Stebonheath Park pitch looks immaculate. Hard to believe 25 000 people watched Wales clinch the European Championship at this ground in 1935, or that similarly large crowds watched Wales beat England and France in 1938.

Can just about recognise it as the same place.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

The pitch looks fantastic. I never thought I’d be buzzing about West Wales Raiders v Widnes in the first round of the CC. 

Must say I was thinking the same thing, how come they can get the numbers painted on and everyone else can't? They've even got the team name on there, looks fantastic! 

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Must say I was thinking the same thing, how come they can get the numbers painted on and everyone else can't? They've even got the team name on there, looks fantastic! 

The groundsman was out painting a couple of hours ago. I guess there's not been any non-league football for a while - and this is on telly after all.

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

The groundsman was out painting a couple of hours ago. I guess there's not been any non-league football for a while - and this is on telly after all.

Well done to the groundsman! Let's hope West Wales can give it a good go and give us an entertaining game for the TV, this is their time to shine and I've got my feathers crossed for them! 

Archived