Fri 19 Mar: CC1: Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights KO 19:45 (YouTube)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles
    • York City Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/21 at 20:15

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Adelaide Tiger said:

Enjoyable first half.  Just off to get a bowl of Cornflakes for my breakfast and back for the second half.

Well done for being up at sparrow's fart for the Cup!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Really impressed by it - I almost thought "Oh God, the Snooker's on instead of the Rugby". :kolobok_wink:

It's a genuine pleasure to watch rugby there.

Normal circumstances the East Stand bar is a great atmosphere for both home and away supporters

BJB chased down by a second-rower - that's some feat!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Might be, something I've always done as well, even if I miss them for any reason I make sure I have a glass of milk, helps me sleep better. 

Milk is good for sleep, especially when warmed. It also helps against heartburn, which would keep anyone awake.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Might be, something I've always done as well, even if I miss them for any reason I make sure I have a glass of milk, helps me sleep better. 

Got to admit though after a night out and a kebab I used to give the cereal supper a miss .. ... a bit woosy of me I know but it is more difficult to get the smell of milk out of the duvet if I throw up 😄😄

Kris Brining looks to have pinged a hamstring, and he's off.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Milk is good for sleep, especially when warmed. It also helps against heartburn, which would keep anyone awake.

I don't know the exact science but from what I understand milk contains a chemical that stimulates your body to produce the hormone that makes you feel happy and relaxed and that's what helps you sleep. As I say, I don't know the scientific words. 

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I don't know the exact science but from what I understand milk contains a chemical that stimulates your body to produce the hormone that makes you feel happy and relaxed and that's what helps you sleep. As I say, I don't know the scientific words. 

There's probably also a subconscious comfort/security effect from infancy.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

There's probably also a subconscious comfort/security effect from infancy.

On a purely chemical level, I've heard it suggested that lettuce is also good for a sound night's sleep.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Spidey said:

This is a very diverse thread 😜

Back on track, the scoreline hasn't blown out, and there's still 20 minutes for Sheffield to do something.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice cut-out pass for Whitely to extend York's lead.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dixon's pre-kick activity has gone from "routine" to "nervous affliction". He's beginning to remind me of Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived