Digital programmes

clifford

17 hours ago, clifford said:

For 2021, I think this might be one nail in the coffin of paper programmes

I've not thought of that but you could be right. This virus thing has brought forward technology faster than ever. There are pluses but there are minuses as well. For me there's no better feeling than having an item physically. Everything that's connected with paper, film and music will all be in cyberspace eventually. Online shopping has also exploded. 

5 hours ago, OL14.yeds said:

Yep. I think it was Batley who stopped printing theirs a couple of years ago.

Not just them.  There are a few who've decided to publish online, not at all or in a vastly reduced format. The thing is, I wouldn't buy a digital programme that I had to peer at on my phone.   I stare at enough screens, I don't need any more.

Sheffield are still publishing paper programmes.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone grab a copy of the programmes put out this season?

I've made them available to subscribers and season ticket holders and then in this latest issue I've made it available to read on the online shop website (to the above mentioned groups).

Anyone got any observations on the programme itself?  What's good, anything missing etc etc?  

Archived