How bad are the RFL Marketing Team

How bad do you need to be in the marketing team to make this school boy error on an email about the 1st Round Games.... 

Any  one notice the obvious mistake!!!! in an email to everyone signed up... the mind boggles!!!

Wrong.JPG

It’s pretty bad, I agree. I’m generally a bit fed up the lack of professionalism when it comes to certain clubs’ social media as well.

One of the clubs featured in that email today tweeted about their fixture but tagged somebody completely random instead of @challengecup and have also spelled two of their players’ names incorrectly in their squad list. 

1 minute ago, mozzauk said:

They haven't corrected it, and a bit late now..... I got the email at 1613 today, 

For the effort you’ve made to complain about it you could have let them know at least

Yes it’s a cock up. Yes it shouldn’t happen. But hey let’s complain!!

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

For the effort you’ve made to complain about it you could have let them know at least

I let them know as soon I saw the errors in the email, not a lot more I can do mail delivered at 16.13 i read it at 1700 when i finished work that's when I sent them an email... (as i said earlier in the thread)!

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Ah so you’ve let them know and a correction has landed?

No I haven't. The point is, if I did inform them, it would be too late, the emails have already been sent, and its embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Actually. Yes, let’s.

This is beyond basic.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Think this is a bit unfair, mistakes do happen occasionally, and it's not the end of the world. Even corporations with huge multi million pound marketing budgets make mistakes. I think the RFL marketing team do a pretty great job overall on what I imagine to be a very small budget.

11 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Think this is a bit unfair, mistakes do happen occasionally, and it's not the end of the world. Even corporations with huge multi million pound marketing budgets make mistakes. I think the RFL marketing team do a pretty great job overall on what I imagine to be a very small budget.

I'm not really criticising individuals because, yes, we all know that there aren't enough of them and they are working with hands tied behind their back. But ... when I see mistakes from larger corporations they are normally quickly corrected and/or not part of a pattern of errors. Or, more pertinently, brands that keep getting things wrong or who look unprofessional, I don't buy from.

We're on a messageboard for rugby league so we'll overlook it. It's drip drip drip failing to anyone who is a more casual fan on the list.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

The opening post of this thread was edited after it had been posted, to insert a missing word.

Just an illustration that we all make mistakes and could do better.

How much was the OP paid and what's their sales target?

Archived