The 2021 Super League promo...

Looks like it was shot in a warehouse whilst the distribution staff were having a lunchtime knockabout 🤪

If you must have a scene-setter voiceover try and ensure it has purpose and an attention grabbing message. The random rambling resembles something knocked up during a 10 minute discussion about linking the cheapo clips together.

Do you reckon the people watching from their settees will recognise all the faces of players continually flashed on the screen? Not a chance. We might know em but lots more won't.

At least we got the odd glance of game time action but nowhere near enough to entice people sat at home to take any notice.

Missed opportunity I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Looks like it was shot in a warehouse whilst the distribution staff were having a lunchtime knockabout 🤪

If you must have a scene-setter voiceover try and ensure it has purpose and an attention grabbing message. The random rambling resembles something knocked up during a 10 minute discussion about linking the cheapo clips together.

Do you reckon the people watching from their settees will recognise all the faces of players continually flashed on the screen? Not a chance. We might know em but lots more won't.

At least we got the odd glance of game time action but nowhere near enough to entice people sat at home to take any notice.

Missed opportunity I'm afraid.

I haven’t got a clue when they flash up players for six nations adverts. Others will. It’s just how it is.

Sorry chaps, but I found the ad as weak as urine. Very low grade imagination went into making this. The RFL needs to hire the company that produces NRL ads to produce an ad that will appeal to all of the different nationalities that constitute the UK.

It will not attract anyone who is not already a rugby league fan, and it will not excite the existing rugby league fans to risk getting covid in order to attend a game in person.

15 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

The RFL needs to hire the company that produces NRL ads to produce an ad that will appeal to all of the different nationalities that constitute the UK.

And pay them with what?

30 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Sorry chaps, but I found the ad as weak as urine. Very low grade imagination went into making this. The RFL needs to hire the company that produces NRL ads to produce an ad that will appeal to all of the different nationalities that constitute the UK.

It will not attract anyone who is not already a rugby league fan, and it will not excite the existing rugby league fans to risk getting covid in order to attend a game in person.

Spot on.

NRL marketing, publicity, coverage, whatever, leaves our lot back in the cupboard.

One of the primary reasons our game (GB wise) has failed to stake a claim regards nationwide awareness, dare I say countrywide popularity, has been the incompetent amateurish, back of a fag-packet way in which we portray what Rugby League has to offer.

Sad really.

Archived