Is it Possible to be too Passionate about Rugby League?

The answer is no, you cannot be too passionate about RL and it does not have to turn into thuggery.

Good article though, there seems to be a hell of a lot more media being pumped out about French RL these days, another sign I think that the game is moving in the right direction over there.

Great article. I must admit, I do get annoyed when "passion" gets used as an excuse for foul play, thuggery or general poor behaviour. 

But all that aside, there is a lot to admire about Palau this year, they have shown a good fighting spirit and finally got rewarded with 2 wins recently.

It's good that the coach is aware of their shortcomings, it's now time for him and senior players like Miloudi to start backing that up with their actions.

PS: I did not realise Rodney Howe was involved! Hadn't heard anything from him in years.

Personally I hate it when passion gets in the way of the biff!

Lots of passion in the NRL over the weekend but it was hidden by all the handbags.

I also think Vossy is good because he brings passion to his work.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

The answer is no, you cannot be too passionate about RL and it does not have to turn into thuggery.

Good article though, there seems to be a hell of a lot more media being pumped out about French RL these days, another sign I think that the game is moving in the right direction over there.

It's being pumped out into the UK not into France. That's a few articles I've read in English that don't exist in french or in french sites 

3 hours ago, barnyia said:

It's being pumped out into the UK not into France. That's a few articles I've read in English that don't exist in french or in french sites 

It is people at French clubs giving these interviews so perhaps that is the strategy, raise the profile in the UK so RL in France actually gets some of the help we should be giving them. If it is all UK generated then that shows the interest over here already exists. Either way, French RL has quite a high profile in the UK at the moment and I hope that continues.

15 hours ago, Stuff Smith said:

God alive BB, I thought you were a youngster!

Compared to some of us (e.g. me), he is!

Archived