swinton in the cup

tandle

1 half back and a hooker doing a full game probably isn't helping us.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LittleboroRoughyed said:

What happened to Barran?

I think he went off mid way through the first half.  I didn't really notice tbh.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Lot of effort. Good defence. Plenty of opportunities near their line but poor decision making and ball control cost is a good few tries and gave them at least two. I thought we were a bit over excited from the start- Danny Langtree in particular. Hopefully we’ll be smarter and more clinical next week. Might be a blessing in disguise to be out of the Cup. 

10 minutes ago, Bert Street said:

Fair result.

Wouldn't mind seeing their half backs playing with our pack.

Watched Featherstone vs Bradford last week and would say we are much better placed than Bradford.

I see that teletubby is laughing at you. I wish he/she'd go and get a life. 

Just now, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Lost me bloomin wi fi for most of the 2nd half. So will have to watch on catch up. 

Save yourself the disappointment 😂

Frustrating. I thought in the first half we were well in it, and possibly looked favourites to win it. However after the break we were just too sloppy in possession of the ball. Similar to last week we seemed to over play it at times and other times we just coughed it up whilst attempting risky off loads.

Still lots of positives to take out of it though. We showed some good line-defence and when we looked after the ball better we looked dangerous in attack. I’ll look forward to the rematch in the league campaign.

Thought we matched them for most of the game just a few defensive lapses that were punished, and a lack of composure with ball in hand in there 20m area cost us , plenty of positives to take from the game thought our forward pack looked really strong , sadly Dan Abram is a poor full back with ball in hand and his positioning in deffence is dreadful if he stays there we will suffer 

Disappointed with that thought we was the better team, same old story really good strong forward pack then get stuck what to do on the line. Charnock isn’t good enough too slow and don’t rate Abram at fullback can’t tackle and doesn’t offer anything in the attacking line.  

Thought we looked the best team in the first half, but their half backs made the difference in the game as a whole. They found a weakness down our left channel, and we coughed up possession too easily. We have a real asset in Tyler Dupree, with him and our back row we have some real go forward.

4 minutes ago, YoungYed said:

Disappointed with that thought we was the better team, same old story really good strong forward pack then get stuck what to do on the line. Charnock isn’t good enough too slow and don’t rate Abram at fullback can’t tackle and doesn’t offer anything in the attacking line.  

Agree with that. I'd like to see barran and green as half backs

to many dropped balls to many stupid passes, how many times did we give swinton the ball back.

abram is not a full back but he is very mobile i would try him at scrum half or hooker.

i would play brierley at full back were he as played there before i thought he really carried the ball well. but we need a stand off who can lead because  we do not have a leader.to give the backs good ball.

Infuriating performance especially second half. First half we powered down the pitch easily against a heavy wind and if we'd played straight and direct and used that wind I think we would have won. Instead we constantly threw crazy offloads and were very indisciplined across the board with the ball. Then when Swinton did make any breaks in the second half it seemed like we had no one covered back and I thought both their tries down our left should have been stopped. Ridyard was class as usual for them with Gregson outstanding in the back row.

I agree with what everyone else is saying above at the halves and full back. Abram looked promising last year in attack but looks really out of sorts and always seem out of position in attack and defence. Chanock is a whole hearted player but the lack of skill especially passing the ball throws the whole teams rhythm off. Barran has been very promising so far and lets hope his injury isn't too bad. Owen has been much improved for me playing the bigger minutes so I'd like to see that continued.  Maybe Barran and Hewitt as the halves with Green at full back is the way to go.

On the positive side I thought Reilly was outstanding and looked like the player we thought we were getting. Constantly pushed through the defence and helped set up numerous breaks. I really like Langtree on the left as well and his link up play . His discipline with the ball was poor but I thought he was a constant danger.

Massive game on Friday now. If we complete our sets and use the pack the way it should I think we should win. Hopefully Nelmes and Joy are back.

Stats-

Abram-2 tackles. one miss. one try assist. 13 carries=89m

Brierley-4 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 9 carries=88m

Heaton-28 tackles. 4 misses. 3 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 8 carries=83m

Roberts-12 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. 18 carries=141m

Ince-3 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 15 carries=146m

Charnock-20 tackles. 5 misses. one tackle bust. 10 carries=63m

Barran-4 tackles. 3 misses. 4 carries=21m

Kirk-21 tackles. 2 misses. 7 carries=72m

Owen-45 tackles. 5 misses. 2 try assists. 4 carries=12m

Reilly-30 tackles. one miss. one offload. 8 tackle busts. one clean break. 18 carries=162m

Langtree-26 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 4 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 20 carries=122m

Bridge-34 tackles. 2 misses. 11 carries=76m

Bent-39 tackles. 16 carries=94m

subs

Spencer-26 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. 15 carries=96m

Dupree-27 tackles. 6 misses. one tackle bust. one clean break. 10 carries=85m

Pick-25 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 6 carries=45m

Green-6 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 3 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 12 carries=84m

1 hour ago, m brooksy said:

Stats-

Abram-2 tackles. one miss. one try assist. 13 carries=89m

Brierley-4 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 9 carries=88m

Heaton-28 tackles. 4 misses. 3 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 8 carries=83m

Roberts-12 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. 18 carries=141m

Ince-3 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 15 carries=146m

Charnock-20 tackles. 5 misses. one tackle bust. 10 carries=63m

Barran-4 tackles. 3 misses. 4 carries=21m

Kirk-21 tackles. 2 misses. 7 carries=72m

Owen-45 tackles. 5 misses. 2 try assists. 4 carries=12m

Reilly-30 tackles. one miss. one offload. 8 tackle busts. 18 carries=162m

Langtree-26 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 4 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 20 carries=122m

Bridge-34 tackles. 2 misses. 11 carries=76m

Bent-39 tackles. 16 carries=94m

subs

Spencer-26 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. 15 carries=96m

Dupree-27 tackles. 6 misses. one tackle bust. one clean break. 10 carries=85m

Pick-25 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 6 carries=45m

Green-6 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 3 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 12 carries=84m

The statistics around two of our players in creative positions are telling. If Owen and Charnock are involved in over 70 attempted tackles, they won't be too fresh to do much creating.

5 hours ago, Bert Street said:

The statistics around two of our players in creative positions are telling. If Owen and Charnock are involved in over 70 attempted tackles, they won't be too fresh to do much creating.

That is an excellent game plan from Swinton.

Archived