Leigh sign Nathan Peats - are Aussies now more willing to travel?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Why sign Saints youngster Josh Eaves on loan if they were going to sign Peats ?

Eaves was only for two weeks then to be decided on a week by week basis, so presumably was just a stop gap until they could sort the Peats signing. Shame as Eaves could do with the game time

56 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

When were Australians not willing to travel then? Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Warrington, Hull, Catalans, Salford, Huddersfield, Wakefield and Hull KR have signed players from the southern hemisphere this off season. 

Exactly, Antipodeans have been willing to travel, but at a higher fee than usual.

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

When were Australians not willing to travel then? Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Warrington, Hull, Catalans, Salford, Huddersfield, Wakefield and Hull KR have signed players from the southern hemisphere this off season. 

Any travelling problem is usually Brits not wanting to even cross the Channel, let alone go to Australia. In fact, some of them didn't even like the idea of crossing the Pennines.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Jeez Leigh really are scraping the barrel now..............I was expecting a lot more from them in terms of signings, on the back of the big statements after being let in. Going to be a long season for them

Like who ?

4 hours ago, Moove said:

Eaves was only for two weeks then to be decided on a week by week basis, so presumably was just a stop gap until they could sort the Peats signing. Shame as Eaves could do with the game time

Then let Saints give it him 

5 hours ago, Moove said:

If I was you I wouldn't let eaves go any where he's some prospect that lad and why let him go anywhere when he can learn from a master. 

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Holbrook’s had him sussed , the hooking role down there needs a lot more in terms of impact and threat out of dummy half than he provides . Probably do ok here 

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Jeez Leigh really are scraping the barrel now..............I was expecting a lot more from them in terms of signings, on the back of the big statements after being let in. Going to be a long season for them

4 hours ago, Number 16 said:

From All Stars and Origin to Leigh in three years!

How many ladders has he walked under?

He only made 6 appearances for a below average Titans last season and he had no takers from any NRL clubs for this season

5 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Why sign Saints youngster Josh Eaves on loan if they were going to sign Peats ?

I think if there was an opportunity to get Eaves for the full season then Leigh would've snapped Saints hand off and used the quota/cap elsewhere, this just provides  a solution for the rest of the year as i'm sure Eaves will be getting a few games at Saints once the fixtures start to stack up. Decent enough signing for us and adds some quality if he can get some form, but more importantly adds depth and competition for places, just need to get those remaining quota spots filled now with another outside back and 2nd rower.

6 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Whoever got promoted was always going to be scraping the barrel, pretty much every top level team in both hemispheres had finalised or were in the process of finalising their squads, so the chances of picking up massive quality without throwing irresponsible amounts of money around were slim to none. The only hope for any promoted club in 2021 was always going to be assembling a squad with a point to prove with the hope they can be greater than the sum of their parts.

6 minutes ago, arcticchris said:

Falloon is an entirely different category as he never had any pedigree at any stage of his career whereas Peats was genuine origin standard at his best albeit he has been way off the last 2 years.

Not really, both players started off at Souths, both played rep footy and both careers ended at the Titans, both play hooker and both are extremely ordinary 

2 hours ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

If I was you I wouldn't let eaves go any where he's some prospect that lad and why let him go anywhere when he can learn from a master. 

Neither would I. When I have seen him he's looked a good prospect, shame he hasn't got more game time considering he's 23 now. Hope to see more of him at Saints this year.

Not seen much of Peats, but there must be something about him to reach the levels he has? Certainly offers another option at hooker rather than just running with Liam Hood.

Archived