Leigh sign Nathan Peats - are Aussies now more willing to travel?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/03/2021 at 08:34, The Future is League said:

He was released by by the Titans at the end of NRL season so there was plenty of time for Super League clubs to sign him if they rated him and clearly they didn't. No Super League club wanted until Leigh made him an offfer

Did Hunslet Hawks not even offer him a deal ?

My god the hatred for Leigh is astounding. This is a good signing, Origin rake 2 years ago, decent age, why the hate, who do you expect them to sign. I imagine if Toulouse had got the nod he'd be the best signing ever. Good signing in the timeframe, will he keep them up on his own, probably not, but hes a good player.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

3 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

My god the hatred for Leigh is astounding. This is a good signing, Origin rake 2 years ago, decent age, why the hate, who do you expect them to sign. I imagine if Toulouse had got the nod he'd be the best signing ever. Good signing in the timeframe, will he keep them up on his own, probably not, but hes a good player.

He would be an excellent signing for Toulouse as they are in the Championship

On 24/03/2021 at 18:39, The Future is League said:

Leigh got him on the cheap. Even on the cheap no other Super League clubs were interested. He waited to as long as possible for other offers to come along and they didn't, hence why he signed for Leigh. It was the only offer on the table possibly apart from offers to play in the NSW or QLD cup competitions

Yep, understand all that but is it not better for him to put himself in the shop window playing in SL on a 12 month contract, as a Leigh fan I hope that is the case at the least he will be putting in the effort if he wants another contract next season at Leigh, another SL club or back in the NRL, unless of course you consider that playing in the Sydney or Q'land comps is of a better standard to get the recognition.

5 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Another guy who played in the same position named Segeyaro did just that for Leeds not to long ago.

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep, understand all that but is it not better for him to put himself in the shop window playing in SL on a 12 month contract, as a Leigh fan I hope that is the case at the least he will be putting in the effort if he wants another contract next season at Leigh, another SL club or back in the NRL, unless of course you consider that playing in the Sydney or Q'land comps is of a better standard to get the recognition.

It is. The balls in his court this season as obviously other Super League didn't rate him, or thought he wasn't any better than the players they alreday have as hookers

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It is. The balls in his court this season as obviously other Super League didn't rate him, or thought he wasn't any better than the players they alreday have as hookers

In that respect then, it could be construed as a good bit of management by Leigh in giving him tge opportunity of rekindling the the desire of someone who not long ago was of proven abillity to gain Aussie rep honours.

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

In that respect then, it could be construed as a good bit of management by Leigh in giving him tge opportunity of rekindling the the desire of someone who not long ago was of proven abillity to gain Aussie rep honours.

He's only on a 1 season contract and if he has a good season with Leigh perhaps another Super League will sign him up. If he doesn't and only has an average season he might sign up for Leigh again.

16 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I'm putting you on ignore. Facts are just not registering with you

Why do you keep saying “facts” are you Nathan Peat? If your not Nathan Peats then stop typing the word “facts”, because the fact is your facts aren’t actually that factual. 

11 hours ago, The Future is League said:

He would be an excellent signing for Toulouse as they are in the Championship

You may have missed that I said 'if Toulouse had got the nod' as in if they had been promoted and signed Peats people would be lauding this signing.

3736-mipm.gif

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Another guy who played in the same position named Segeyaro did just that for Leeds not to long ago.

Did he keep them up on his own? He was a good player and more of a gamebreaker than Peats but Peats is a good solid signing and will give you some experience and direction in the middle. I hope you sign another couple of players who can win a game on their own and you should then have enough to stay up.

3736-mipm.gif

On 26/03/2021 at 09:31, The Future is League said:

He's only on a 1 season contract and if he has a good season with Leigh perhaps another Super League will sign him up. If he doesn't and only has an average season he might sign up for Leigh again.

No , he's sheeite , you've already told us , he'll be in playing amateur next year 

18 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

So will Leigh if they get relegated and there's no TV deal for the lower divisions...

All depends on what the owner will do.............. which incidentally is just the same for the vast majority of the pro game in the UK irrespective of the division they perform in, but I guess you are already aware of that Tommy.

PS, before the next TV deal is signed I expect the game will be controlled by one body being THE RFL, no way will it allowed for the game to implode through zero funding below SL.

On 25/03/2021 at 20:01, The Future is League said:

I'm putting you on ignore. Facts are just not registering with you

How is it a fact?  It is just your assumption.  Maybe ask Salford why they were reportedly interested in him too.

Here we go again .....

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

All depends on what the owner will do.............. which incidentally is just the same for the vast majority of the pro game in the UK irrespective of the division they perform in, but I guess you are already aware of that Tommy.

PS, before the next TV deal is signed I expect the game will be controlled by one body being THE RFL, no way will it allowed for the game to implode through zero funding below SL.

The teams in Super League would never be effectively amateur though H, regardless of owner - see Salford now.

Honestly I'm not certain at all about what is coming for the lower divisions.

The PPV value of OuRLeague this year will need to be massive to demonstrate any value to a broadcast partner. That said is that a major problem? If most of the Championship stops paying inflated wages, goes back to paying sensible part time wages rather than having a few teams making it a wannabe Super League on the back of vastly uneven central distribution. Essentially if you want to run a squad at £1mil budget, you're going to have to pay for the vast majority of that rather than the £400/500k plus central distribution some Championship clubs have been getting for the past 5 years.

The lower leagues don't implode, they just rationalise and stop being propped up to an unrealistic fantasy by the central funds.

Archived