Jeff GRAYSHON.....

Therein73

I have just found out too. Really sad news about Jeff. Of course this stirs memories of seeing some useless second team full back called into the first team to play at second row through injuries to other players and suddenly what a successful player we had. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

It gets worse. Kevin was such a nice bloke and did not look any older when I last saw him at one of our get together evenings. At that time he was most concerned about his friend and fellow centre, Brian Firth. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Lovely piece on the website now about Jeff and Kevin Osborne ..........  I've mentioned this before, but I'll never forget the day my brother and I were part of the way up Leeds Road, proudly wearing our Dewsbury scarves, when Kevin Osborne and Brian Firth pulled up alongside us and gave us a lift up to the ground......... We were there ages before kick off, but it didn't matter.... We were just thrilled that two stars of 'our' team had actually given us a lift !!!

Rugby League, eh ??    Say what you like, it's the greatest game played by some of the finest people. 

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see the minutes silence for Jeff before the Bulls game last night ..... Shame our performance didn't do justice to him, but at least he was honoured and will always be remembered. 

Had an ironic smile when the (ruddy annoying) commentator stated that the minutes silence had been impeccably observed ............... What else is going to happen with no-one there ????

R.I.P. Jeff 

On 26/04/2021 at 17:54, Therein73 said:

Nice to see the minutes silence for Jeff before the Bulls game last night ..... Shame our performance didn't do justice to him, but at least he was honoured and will always be remembered. 

Had an ironic smile when the (ruddy annoying) commentator stated that the minutes silence had been impeccably observed ............... What else is going to happen with no-one there ????

R.I.P. Jeff 

Got to say I thought the same, however, there did seem to be quite a few people in the main stand when the camera caught sight of them.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Archived