RIP Jeff Grayshon

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

This is terrible news. A player who gave great service to every Club he served and he was a true Gentleman as well. RIP.

RIP 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

As others have said - both a great player and a great servant of our game.  I remember reading in the late 70s that his aerobic capacity had been tested by sports scientists and was up there with top middle distance runners, which is quite something for a prop.  RIP.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Jeff was awarded a M.B.E. for his services to Rugby League.I find it remarkable that during the three seasons with Fev at the age of39-40-41 he played in 100 out of a possible 104 games,when scrums were much harder than today.He was also the oldest player to play in a Test Match for G.B. at over 38 yrs old. R.I.P.

RIP

Remember being told by a fellow prop he was an animal for the 80 minutes of the game but off the pitch a most personable and amiable man to be with.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

An amazing career - he'll be missed.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

RiP Jeff , it was great to see you play , great off the cuff player; i remember a move widnes used to do where the ball would be thrown to 3 men stood in a line with runners going at different angles,, Jeff decided if in doubt flatten all 3 ! 

am sure he featured in the news of the world sunday supplement magazine just before the kangaroo tour of either 82 or 86? in a double page feature with a picture of him holding up a huge pork pie in preparation for their visit, does anyone else remember this?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

Not sure it's maybe my memory, but didn't they play together for Batley?

Jeff was the Batley player, harshly, sent off in the famous promotion decider against Doncaster in 1994. 

I was sad to hear of his passing. 

Very sad news. Always a name that stood out when watching the game growing up as a young kid in the 70's and early 80's. Sad when players we grew up watching start to leave us.  

I always remember a match at Wilderspool, Warrington v. Featherstone  at the start of the 1989/90 season.  He got a round of applause inside the ground when the PA announcer revealed that it was his 41st birthday that day!  As a present to him Featherstone won that day too!

RIP.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

38 minutes ago, Wilderspoolmemories said:

Very sad news. Always a name that stood out when watching the game growing up as a young kid in the 70's and early 80's. Sad when players we grew up watching start to leave us.  

I always remember a match at Wilderspool, Warrington v. Featherstone  at the start of the 1989/90 season.  He got a round of applause inside the ground when the PA announcer revealed that it was his 41st birthday that day!  As a present to him Featherstone won that day too!

RIP.

I remember that lol.

Archived