Sam walker.... Sydney roosters

1 hour ago, thebrewxi said:

I heard Tom Jonstone's been barred from playing for England. 

By who & why?

As for Sam Walker, he qualifies for a UK passport due to his place of birth which would mean he qualifies to play for England. However, it seems he is English no other way whatsoever and IMO we should not be manufacturing routes for Aussies to rep for England!

16 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

By who & why?

As for Sam Walker, he qualifies for a UK passport due to his place of birth which would mean he qualifies to play for England. However, it seems he is English no other way whatsoever and IMO we should not be manufacturing routes for Aussies to rep for England!

Being born in the UK does not qualify you for a passport, you need a parent who holds one too. Been that way since the early 80's.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Has he personally told you this? Or is it just another case of Australian arrogance.

Given he played for Qld U18 and could go on to play Origin, the Aussies have a history of making sure they keep the best for themselves. You can bet your bottom dollar he will have been told that if he choses England he'll miss out on Qld.

There's not a cat in hells chance he'll choose England unless he knows he'll never get selected for Qld or Australia, and if that's the case he ain't good enough for an England shirt either so he's not wanted !.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

4 hours ago, OMEGA said:

By who & why?

I think it was no one. I think I may have been talking b0110ck5. (TJ was born in Germany by the way)

I suspect Sam Walker will torment tired English forwards for the majority of the period 2025-2030. On the basis of the one match I've seen him play, he looks way too good to need to think about playing for England.

Archived