This weekends handicap spreads

Thoughts?

Saints -12 v Salford

Leigh +12 v Wigan

Wakefield +8 v Leeds

Catalan -8 v Hull KR

Hull fc (scratch) v Huddersfield

Castleford +6 v Warrington

I am thinking of starting a betting preview on youtube every week for rugby only. Would people be interested in this? Tips, information and facts.

17 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Thoughts?

Saints -12 v Salford

Leigh +12 v Wigan

Wakefield +8 v Leeds

Catalan -8 v Hull KR

I am thinking of starting a betting preview on youtube every week for rugby only. Would people be interested in this? Tips, information and facts.

Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Catalans, Hull FC, Warrington 

I strongly fancy Wigan to cover the 12 point handicap Leigh have played 2 tough friendlys v St Helen's & Warrington losing both by a big margin. Was it a good idea to play 2 big teams one week after another when new to super league? I think this will have done more harm then good. Leigh are several players down even needing to reinforce the team with loan signings. This game will be a arm wrestle then Wigan will pull away and win by a heavy margin.

Hull Kr with a 8 point start seems a good bet. With no Catalan home advantage and the cold Yorkshire weather with a new blend of kids I can see Hull kr and tony smith fired up. They can run Catalan close if not win so the 8 points more than one converted try really appeals. Catalans have a few suspensions.

Suggested double hull kr +8 and Wigan -12 both 10/11

13 minutes ago, Col81 said:

I strongly fancy Wigan to cover the 12 point handicap Leigh have played 2 tough friendlys v St Helen's & Warrington losing both by a big margin. Was it a good idea to play 2 big teams one week after another when new to super league? I think this will have done more harm then good. Leigh are several players down even needing to reinforce the team with loan signings. This game will be a arm wrestle then Wigan will pull away and win by a heavy margin.

Hull Kr with a 8 point start seems a good bet. With no Catalan home advantage and the cold Yorkshire weather with a new blend of kids I can see Hull kr and tony smith fired up. They can run Catalan close if not win so the 8 points more than one converted try really appeals. Catalans have a few suspensions.

Suggested double hull kr +8 and Wigan -12 both 10/11

Leigh beat Saints. I would have thought Wigan would beat Us easily but looking at the teams, 12 start could go either way. The loan signings were to bolsster the squad and to help with the Wire friendly. 

We had 18 start last time. Wigan needed 16 in the end to draw level. 

Week 1 always springs a surprise or two. 

13 hours ago, Col81 said:

Thoughts?

Saints -12 v Salford

Leigh +12 v Wigan

Wakefield +8 v Leeds

Catalan -8 v Hull KR

Good idea, I actually think Sky should have a 'betting slot' prior to games ,for things like number of tries,spread etc. I appreciate that some people are against betting but I do think it would add an extra element of interest for some. For the neutral,a small bet on the first try scorer etc,might add extra interest.

59 minutes ago, cookey said:

Good idea, I actually think Sky should have a 'betting slot' prior to games ,for things like number of tries,spread etc. I appreciate that some people are against betting but I do think it would add an extra element of interest for some. For the neutral,a small bet on the first try scorer etc,might add extra interest.

With Sky all you ever are really going to get is a small bet.

Tbh as a follower of quite a few sports I feel like it’s already too in your face and riddled with it elsewhere in terms of betting.

I wouldn’t like to see Super League coverage go too far down this road (although I know it inevitably will)

I want the coverage to make me feel excited about upcoming games without having to rely on betting.

3 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Tbh as a follower of quite a few sports I feel like it’s already too in your face and riddled with it elsewhere in terms of betting.

I wouldn’t like to see Super League coverage go too far down this road (although I know it inevitably will)

I want the coverage to make me feel excited about upcoming games without having to rely on betting.

I have betted in the past and heavily too but only on, what I thought, were lower risk bets (odds on bets with small returns).  It worked for me anyway.  I can take it or leave it.

Totally agree with your ‘in the face’ comment.  We only have to look at the TV though for the betting advertising that has infiltrated our lives through stealthy approaches by the post code lottery, euro millions, lottery etc and all the ‘bet responsibly’ ads.  No watersheds appear to be respected either.  

If healthy amounts of money are going back into RL I wouldn’t worry though as the Govt don’t have an issue with Mrs Smith picking a tenners worth of lottery tickets up from the supermarket every week.  

For the draw though, out of interest I would pick, but would not bet a penny as it’s too early:

Saints - even money Kev Brown gets concussed.

Wigan - even money fight directly next to the Leigh dugout.

Leeds.

Catalan.

Hull - purely through home advantage as a Hudds have a damn good side now.

Cas.

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’ve had a speculative punt on Leigh to win and Leigh +12. Given Wigan are missing a few big hitters, I think Leigh could catch them cold. 

I think Saints -12 and Leeds -8 are pretty standard. 

Leeds have a half back crisis with 3 of our half backs out injured as well as full back Jack Walker. If ever Wakefield could turn us over this is their chance, but I still fancy Leeds to cover the 8 points. Hope you didn’t put too much money on Leigh.

Archived