MOM Featherstone v Bradford (Challenge Cup)

Ok, as there hasn't been much response to my earlier thread and there's been no mention of man of the match this year I'm starting a thead here for the Bradford game. I know there used to be a trophy for this so I really don't want to step on anyone's toes, I am just starting this thread for interest only as there has been no sign of anyone else doing so. If anyone wants to take over and do the MOM threads for use with the trophy that's fine, this is just for a bit of fun. Also if it doesn't get much response then that's fine too and I'll discontinue it.

So...a reminder that this thread is just for your top 3 MOM picks for the Bradford game, more detailed comment is better served using the match thread.

I'll kick off...
1 Hall
2 Kopczak
3 Harrison

personally I don't bother voting because the result was hijacked by the club and added to their choice on presentation night but if I did because it's called man of the match I would just pick 1 not 3 give him a point and at  end of season one with most points is man of the season  and if it's a tie let fans have another vote to pick winner and yes give them a trophy don't need a presentation night let someone from rovers TV hand it out and quickly show presentation  on the channel

3 hours ago, POR said:

personally I don't bother voting because the result was hijacked by the club and added to their choice on presentation night but if I did because it's called man of the match I would just pick 1 not 3 give him a point and at  end of season one with most points is man of the season  and if it's a tie let fans have another vote to pick winner and yes give them a trophy don't need a presentation night let someone from rovers TV hand it out and quickly show presentation  on the channel

10 years ago, it was the Tony Kenney Memorial Trophy - (this is how the top 3 was started). 

Not sure why it was ever pushed to one side. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

10 years ago, it was the Tony Kenney Memorial Trophy - (this is how the top 3 was started). 

Not sure why it was ever pushed to one side. 

Tried to answer but reply not not kept. We handed the cup into the cabinet at the Rovers as we tried to get a mutual MOM going. It did not come to fruition. Steve and I tried very hard to get cooperation without success.

Before Covid I went through the process of obtaining a winners shirt for the winner. I went to the shop and got confirmation that the shirt would be available. Easy to give to the winner I was going to buy it myself and obtain one yearly. The contributions by POR and TPH have encouraged me. Lets go forward. Cheers.  

2 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Tried to answer but reply not not kept. We handed the cup into the cabinet at the Rovers as we tried to get a mutual MOM going. It did not come to fruition. Steve and I tried very hard to get cooperation without success.

last year colin there was a trophy with other memorabilia  in cabinet near reception

I am leaving the voting for the MOM for the Bradford match until late on Friday to give everybody a chance to get a vote in. Please vote and then the wheels will be turning again.

Archived