PANTHERS v STORM

15 minutes ago, Southerner said:

Was a great match and an even better ending. Drama filled. We’ve got the most exciting sport on the planet. 

That effort from Kikau was incredible especially as he was flat out on the floor moments beforehand. 

Trying to bait a penalty by the looks of it, but yes, great effort to get under the ball.

If the Panthers had lost, they only had themselves to blame. With a captain’s challenge in hand, why did they not challenge a play on just before the first try in the first half when the replay showed the Storm had knocked on an up and under? There was also another 50/50 call on the 2nd half they could have challenged. With Kearney back. Panthers look the real deal.

7 minutes ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Storm have lost two games they would have won with Cameron Smith in the team. its going to take them a while to start turning narrow losses into victory.

They’ve lost 2 high quality games in the dying minutes away from home against premiership contenders,nothing to do with Smith not being there.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

They’ve lost 2 high quality games in the dying minutes away from home against premiership contenders,nothing to do with Smith not being there.

Oh I dont know, I`m sure Smith erm....."assisting" the ref might have helped them....

😎

Good match, and the result in doubt 'til the dying seconds. I would probably have awarded that late call as a penalty to the Storm, and not entirely because I wanted the game to keep going a bit longer.

A great start to the weekend's action.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

Trying to bait a penalty by the looks of it, but yes, great effort to get under the ball.

And he would have got one as well if the try had been scored on that side of the field instead of tracking back to the other side following great passes from Hynes and Hughes. Doesn`t Hynes look the goods as well.

Olam should have passed anyway as Addo-Carr had clean air.

I thought the best team lost anyway, I can remember only one off-load thrown by the Panthers forwards in the tackle all game, I thought they were generally very conservative in attack until the end when they were chasing points, especially considering the amount of exciting players they have, possibly because Cleary and the hooker were out , I don`t know.

Any way great last 20, the new rules do seem to be working in this part of the game.

10 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I have a feeling losing the best player of the last decade, if not the best ever NRL-era player has a little more to do with Melbourne suffering two losses in a row for the first time in 900+ days than you're giving credit for.

In saying that, both sides were missing half a spine which made such a great game even more impressive.

5 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Exactly. Not miss Cameron Smith in close games? Like him or loathe him, he was the best game manager there's ever been.

They lost close games with him in the team,against Parra they were outplayed across the park   and we’re simply done by  individual brilliance from Sivo and again by Capewell so you can’t just say they would have won those with Smith in the team.

Archived