Sat 27th Mar: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/03/21 at 15:30

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Yes the way he only gave one penalty to Wakefield and no set restarts for them. I thought he was superb...

That's probably because Wakefield (Johnstone aside) were pretty dire against a rusty Leeds team

Really good game. Leeds just deserved it but could've gone either way. Agree that the ref had a good game but thought he got the forward pass wrong from Lyne to Senior at the end which could've brought the scores level. Watch the direction of Lyne's hand when he makes the pass. Should have left the decision with the touchie who was better placed. 

13 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Entertaining stuff. Could have gone either way. 

Johnstone is too good for Wakefield.

He wasn't when Topou went up field, he was nowhere to be seen if he backs up like a winger should Myler wouldn't have just had the one option to defend, if Johnson is there Wakefield win, as a Leigh fan I'm quite happy he did as he did.

Watch it back MoK, the thing is all those experts on the commentary didn't comment on it.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

He wasn't when Topou went up field, he was nowhere to be seen if he backs up like a winger should Myler wouldn't have just had the one option to defend, if Johnson is there Wakefield win, as a Leigh fan I'm quite happy he did as he did.

Watch it back MoK, the thing is all those experts on the commentary didn't comment on it.

It’s not hard to write Johnstone is it? Afterall that’s just his name??

f3gms4.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That's probably because Wakefield (Johnstone aside) were pretty dire

I think you might be on your own with that opinion.  I enjoyed the rugby from both sides on show today and thought either side could have finished off another two or three tries apiece.  Result in doubt right until Leeds last set IMHO.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Just now, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Yeah if you play ###### you don’t get penalties/ set restarts....

Well yeah, I don't know if you ever played any sport but that generally happens. In fact that's exactly how Johnstone summed it up that they had 15 or so minutes giving away penalties which led to tries. And the more penalties you give away the easier you make it for the ref to penalise you further as the trouble compounds itself.

Two Breakaway tries from Johnstone flattered Wakefield on the scoreboard

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

That’s because Leeds were more disciplined, its not the refs job to even the penalty count up

Thought a few times we should have had set restarts will have to watch it back.  Your right about discipline cost us particularly first half.  Good game though could have gone either way.

Up the Trin 

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Even if that’s right, it doesn’t change my view. He really ought to be at a big club. Seems a bit wasted at Wakefield. 

Enjoyed that game , entertaining stuff . I think Wakefield will be kicking themselves a bit . They had the platform to kick on and control that game , then had the chances in the second half to take it again . But they fluffed their lines a bit and Leeds took their chance , and without playing too good they won , which is what the better sides do

Just now, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I think you might be on your own with that opinion.  I enjoyed the rugby from both sides on show today and thought either side could have finished off another two or three tries apiece.  Result in doubt right until Leeds last set IMHO.

The two Johnstone breakaways flattered Wakefield on the scoreboard imo. Leeds, particularly Gale, were rusty 

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The two Johnstone breakaways flattered Wakefield on the scoreboard imo. Leeds, particularly Gale, were rusty 

The missing H says it all.  Fair enough we'll agree to differ then. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Even if that’s right, it doesn’t change my view. He really ought to be at a big club. Seems a bit wasted at Wakefield. 

Same in other sports, you don't tend to get picked for England unless you're at one of the big clubs. Johnstone scoring the tries he does at Wigan, Leeds, Saints or Warrington, he's much closer to that England shirt. You have to be exceptional from a weaker club to get picked, and often that isn't enough. Likewise you can be going through a rough patch at a big club and still get picked - shame but that's so often how it works. 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Same in other sports, you don't tend to get picked for England unless you're at one of the big clubs. Johnstone scoring the tries he does at Wigan, Leeds, Saints or Warrington, he's much closer to that England shirt. You have to be exceptional from a weaker club to get picked, and often that isn't enough. Likewise you can be going through a rough patch at a big club and still get picked - shame but that's so often how it works. 

Absolutely. He won’t score as many tries at Wakefield either as they won’t create as many chances. 

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Enjoyed that game , entertaining stuff . I think Wakefield will be kicking themselves a bit . They had the platform to kick on and control that game , then had the chances in the second half to take it again . But they fluffed their lines a bit and Leeds took their chance , and without playing too good they won , which is what the better sides do

Wakefield ought to  Be a big club 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Well indeed , I mean Jordan Henderson and Eric Dier keep getting picked by Southgate 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Absolutely. He won’t score as many tries at Wakefield either as they won’t create as many chances. 

And be on TV less. Shame really as I think he's individually better than say Handley (who as you say benefits from playing in a team that creates more chances), but Handley is more likely to be in the England squad.

Archived