Fri 26th Mar: SL: Leigh Centurions v Wigan Warriors KO 20:15 (Sky)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/03/21 at 20:45

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, leytherz said:

thank god leigh are at full strength for this and are not missing ellis.bell.flower.sau.elliott and peats from what would be our best 13.ive heard wigan might have the odd injury too but nobody seems to be saying anything

No ,no , no ,no , you're not allowed to point out the truth , if Leigh lose its because we are sheeeeite , if Leigh win it's because Wigan had their 2nd team out , it's always been that way 

Local derby, tear up the form book, but in this case if there was a crowd in, and this was at the LSV, then Leigh would win. However a neutral venue and a trainng ground atmosphere means a Wigan win by 6

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

When all is said and done this year I think Leigh will be relegated and Wigan will be there or thereabouts for another GF appearance. However, newly promoted sides often throw up a shock win on opening night and I think they might catch Wigan cold, especially with them having some stars missing.

Leigh by 2

Think Wigan, but hope Leigh. In any case I hope Leigh put up a good fight to give them confidence for the season. Games against Wakey, Salford and Hull KR are more important than this.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

16 minutes ago, Jack Russell said:

Sorry Leigh, I think this will be a stroll for wigan come the latter stages. All above predictions have it close, I'm going more like wigan by 20+.

No worries jack , I remember the days when the Wigan fans used to complain if they didn't put a 50 point margin on us 😉

First game of the season anything can happen. You'd expect Wigan to have too much quality in the forwards for Leigh but if the players aren't up to speed yet that could make a difference.

The pack did alright against Salford in the friendly. Conditions were tough, it was a slog but the first teamers in the first half did okay. Nothing special but nothing worrying and they were able to make ground. The issue was Wigan's left edge defence which was vulnerable all game, particularly from kicks. If Lam goes for the same left edge of McDonnell and Bibby there's potential for Leigh to have some joy down that side.

Wigan also didn't create many chances in that game but it was mainly because Salford had good last tackle plays and Wigan's last tackle plays were almost always awful. Smith had probably the worst game I've seen from him but it's a friendly so matters little if he can play to his usual standard when it matters. That's an aspect Wigan need to get right though with Hastings and French absent, along with some of our other strike players in the backs. 

A dominant forward performance and good set completion should be enough to see off a Leigh team that are also missing some players. 

If Leigh keep it tight though there are definitely weak points in the Wigan side to be exploited but I'd still expect Wigan to win.

Archived