Fri 26th Mar: SL: Leigh Centurions v Wigan Warriors KO 20:15 (Sky)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/03/21 at 20:45

59 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

First game of the season anything can happen. You'd expect Wigan to have too much quality in the forwards for Leigh but if the players aren't up to speed yet that could make a difference.

The pack did alright against Salford in the friendly. Conditions were tough, it was a slog but the first teamers in the first half did okay. Nothing special but nothing worrying and they were able to make ground. The issue was Wigan's left edge defence which was vulnerable all game, particularly from kicks. If Lam goes for the same left edge of McDonnell and Bibby there's potential for Leigh to have some joy down that side.

Wigan also didn't create many chances in that game but it was mainly because Salford had good last tackle plays and Wigan's last tackle plays were almost always awful. Smith had probably the worst game I've seen from him but it's a friendly so matters little if he can play to his usual standard when it matters. That's an aspect Wigan need to get right though with Hastings and French absent, along with some of our other strike players in the backs. 

A dominant forward performance and good set completion should be enough to see off a Leigh team that are also missing some players. 

If Leigh keep it tight though there are definitely weak points in the Wigan side to be exploited but I'd still expect Wigan to win.

Pretty accurate appraisal there. Your left and our right will be the deciders. Looking for fire and effort from our lads, we will get better as we strengthen

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reverse angle, one finger still in contact. Try.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Ooh, the cellulite on Thaler’s thighs.

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, bratman said:

Wigan have started very slowly.

It does not surprise me that Leigh started quickly and Wigan slowly.  But if at was a try I'm a banana.  Isn't the rule that you had to have control?   One finger?

4 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

It does not surprise me that Leigh started quickly and Wigan slowly.  But if at was a try I'm a banana.  Isn't the rule that you had to have control?   One finger?

I agree , whatever the rule these always look a bit bizarre to me . 

Uh-oh, Field is down hurt.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived