Sat 27th Mar: CC2: Featherstone Rovers v Batley Bulldogs KO 12:45 (The Sportsman/YouTube/Facebook)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Batley Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/03/21 at 13:15

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

He’d fit in. He’s no worse but not noticeably different or better.

Should add - he’s doing the same thing that some criticised the BBC commentator for doing last week: there’s a lot of radio-esque commentary for what is a TV broadcast.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Considering how poor Sky's commentary is these days, how does everyone find George Riley as a commentator?

Better than Sky for mine, I think it only took 15mins of the new season for Tez to christen someone "Wrecking Ball" he really is well past his sell by date.

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

The quality of the Sportsman's footage is good but they are zooming in far too close at times, wish they would pan out a bit more.

I was thinking this as well. We're missing a lot of the game by not seeing the positioning and runs made by players away from the ptb as well. 

Bit of a frustrating half from a Fev fan's point of view as at times we looked totally dominant and scored a couple of superb tries but then tried to do too much too soon in the attacking sets and also gave away possession in our own territory too many times. Fair play to Batley for hanging on in there, just one score in it at half time.

17 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The quality of the Sportsman's footage is good but they are zooming in far too close at times, wish they would pan out a bit more.

At least replays are available if they do cock up 😜

Fev gifting possession again and again, and they eventually pay the price. 18:16 with KTC.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

All Batley in this second half so far, set after set close to Fev's line due to a number of Fev handling errors but Batley yet to get anything out of it. 

Just as I say that they are finally in! 10 minutes of sustained pressure on the Fev line pays off and Batley have levelled up the score! 

Fev 18-18 Batley. 

Fev could give this to us

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

What happened to last weekend's focussed and disciplined Rovers side?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Batley take the lead!

Quite a try, too.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived