Sun 28th Mar: CC2: London Broncos v York City Knights KO 14:30 (BBC Sport)

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • York City Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/03/21 at 14:00

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey, that's a young team Danny Ward is sending out there today. Boafo, Hodson, Horsman and Leyland - all in the starting 13 - can't have played more than 5 games between them. And the Davis, Jones, Hindmarsh and Williams probably only have 100 between them as well. That's half the team.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Two good shirts on show. 

Better than the rugby so far. Lot of errors, lot of penalties.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

That looks like one of the poorest 3G surfaces I’ve seen or is it just the camera making it look poor? 

I suspect it's a combination of cheapish camera and lighting. Rosslyn Park have money. They won't have installed anything too rubbish.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I suspect it's a combination of cheapish camera and lighting. Rosslyn Park have money. They won't have installed anything too rubbish.

I wonder how many other rugby league games have been played on a ground rented from a polo club?

1 minute ago, JonM said:

I wonder how many other rugby league games have been played on a ground rented from a polo club?

I mean I know some rah rahs look like donkeys but I was unaware that RPFC host polo.

Is that a thing?

7 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I mean I know some rah rahs look like donkeys but I was unaware that RPFC host polo.

Is that a thing?

Rosslyn Park rent the whole place from the Roehampton Polo club next door, AFAIK.

Just now, JonM said:

Rosslyn Park rent the whole place from the Roehampton Polo club next door, AFAIK.

Thanks. Didn't know that. I may have to get some convoluted question based on that into my next family Zoom quiz.

Anyway, game for the purists with London leading 2-0.

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Thanks. Didn't know that. I may have to get some convoluted question based on that into my next family Zoom quiz.

Just googled it. The lease was renegotiated in 2019 - they get annual rent and a proportion of the income from advertising. 

Just now, JonM said:

Just googled it. The lease was renegotiated in 2019 - they get annual rent and a proportion of the income from advertising. 

It says something about the quality of the rugby that you're googling polo club rental agreements whilst the match is in play.

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It says something about the quality of the rugby that you're googling polo club rental agreements whilst the match is in play.

Yep. I don't think Fev or Toulouse will be quaking in their boots on the showing from either side so far.

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Yep. I don't think Fev or Toulouse will be quaking at their boots on the showing from either side so far.

I haven't seen any of Toulouse's games on YouTube but from what I saw of Fev yesterday, they're absolutely a cut above either of these two.

Great defence from London, you really have to hand it to Danny Ward. He's been playing youngsters at the club since he started at London and always got them to play above their level. As a London fan I'm pleased with him as a coach

Archived