George Flanagan

tms

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, philipw said:

Not the first time he's done something similar

correct 2019 against toronto

Bradford Bulls player George Flanagan pleaded guilty to a Grade F charge of an "Attack to the testicles" during his team's match against Toronto Wolfpack on Sunday, August 4.

The Tribunal agree with the grading and the player received an 8 match suspension and a £250 fine.

Who’d have thunk it.  A small section of the T&A from last time:

JOHN Kear doesn’t want George Flanagan to change.

The battle-hardened hooker is back in action this weekend after serving his lengthy ban.

Flanagan has not played since last August when he was suspended for attacking an opponent’s testicles.

But the 33-year-old returns to the fray in the Bulls’ Challenge Cup fourth-round clash with amateurs Underbank Rangers.

And Kear said: “The reason we signed George Flanagan is because we want him to be George Flanagan.”

Well he has been.  

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

Disgusting to do it even once, to do it twice he should be banned sine die, horrible cretin.

He's probably a "character" and all that to try and defend it.

Had Makinson had the same track record, he'd get the same treatment 

It's impossible to defend this.

You could think that once was a rush of blood, but do this a second time having already been up before the RFL seems like it would have to be either a massive ban or even sine die

I think we really should be getting rid - he's not adding anything much to the team anyway, and has clearly got 'issues'

3 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I think we really should be getting rid - he's not adding anything much to the team anyway, and has clearly got 'issues'

Fair point, i'll be interested to see the internal actions by Bradford (if of course it is deemed that he did it). 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

I was in the crowd for this.

Ain't seen nothing like it,before or since,thank goodness

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/watch-rugby-league-player-take-5449187

I wonder why youth participation numbers are decreasing?

Punishments to fit the crime would make a refreshing change.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

16 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/watch-rugby-league-player-take-5449187

That's the one!

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

35 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Never seen that before, its ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, clifford said:

should have the book thrown at him

Thrown at his testicles.

And then a life ban.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Who’d have thunk it.  A small section of the T&A from last time:

JOHN Kear doesn’t want George Flanagan to change.

The battle-hardened hooker is back in action this weekend after serving his lengthy ban.

Flanagan has not played since last August when he was suspended for attacking an opponent’s testicles.

But the 33-year-old returns to the fray in the Bulls’ Challenge Cup fourth-round clash with amateurs Underbank Rangers.

And Kear said: “The reason we signed George Flanagan is because we want him to be George Flanagan.”

Well he has been.  

That say's it all really 

Well having only played amateur, in the 70's and 80's. I wouldn't call myself a dirty player, but if you think grabbing someone by the testicles is terrible, awful, deserves a life ban. Sometimes to stop a dirty player from their tactics, grabbing somebody's testicles, usually gets their attention. 

Archived