George Flanagan

tms

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Ten matches.... perhaps a dozen.

I think the panel called it about right

So 2 more matches than last time he did it is ok by you? I thing it's far too lenient. 

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Kind of my sentiments.

He's a Richard of a bloke and a grub of a player.... but some are calling for sine die????

Yep don't like him but he grabbed someones nuts. The player involved was probably in some discomfort for a minute or two its not like an off the ball cheap shot that we have seen that ends with a couple game ban and the recipiant missing a few weeks.

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yep don't like him but he grabbed someones nuts. The player involved was probably in some discomfort for a minute or two its not like an off the ball cheap shot that we have seen that ends with a couple game ban and the recipiant missing a few weeks.

Wow, you must have balls of steel!

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Seen the footage online. It’s hard to see much on camera but the guilty plea will have been the big thing. 

It’s hard to see much on camera agree I watched it live and again since and can't make anything out clearly but  I would have thought with it going to tribunal it's   been  put in  the  ref's report and has not been investigated  because of  the reaction of bussy

guilty plea will have been the big thing.  I think you will find georgey boy pleaded NOT guilty

7 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Kear is saying Bradford will appeal.

Can that process, if it fails, increase the ban?

Bulls head coach John Kear

"We've reviewed the same footage as the RFL, and we're still  mystified  about the charge.

4 minutes ago, POR said:

"We've reviewed the same footage as the RFL, and we're still  mystified  about the charge.

Having not read the Refs report or the Disciplinarys, does the Player, Flanagan is supposed to have attacked, make a statement?

12 minutes ago, POR said:

But he pleaded guilty? 

My view would be not to ban him at all, but on a like for like basis, castrate him. 

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

But he pleaded guilty? 

My view would be not to ban him at all, but on a like for like basis, castrate him. 

He pleaded not guilty according to the disciplinary page of the RL. But I cant find the full report on it, there used to be a decent report for each ban on their website but it doesn't seem to be there.

11 minutes ago, JohnM said:

But he pleaded guilty? 

NO  on this occasion he  denied the offence  but did plead  guilty to an  identical attack on Toronto full-back Hakim Miloudi  in 2019

13 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

grabbing someone by the nuts can cause some really quite major issues, not just to the testicles themselves but to your health in general.. for the younger gentleman it could also have lasting effects on your ability to have kids.. 

Yes this is extreme but the point is that unlike a normal tackle where there are risks that is part of the game.. grabbing someone's balls is not part of the game, never has been, and is a down right sh*tty thing to do.

It should always come with a heavy ban in the same way as any offence that is obviously deliberate and meant to cause pain but with potentially very serious consequence is dealt with. 

16 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Ten matches.... perhaps a dozen.

I think the panel called it about right

8 matches for the first offence doesnt seem to have put him off, 10 matches is hardly going to make a difference.. If people dont learn from severe punishment then perhaps we are better off without them in the sport. After all it is a headline we really could have done without on the BBC etc

5 minutes ago, RP London said:

grabbing someone by the nuts can cause some really quite major issues, not just to the testicles themselves but to your health in general.. for the younger gentleman it could also have lasting effects on your ability to have kids.. 

Yes this is extreme but the point is that unlike a normal tackle where there are risks that is part of the game.. grabbing someone's balls is not part of the game, never has been, and is a down right sh*tty thing to do.

It should always come with a heavy ban in the same way as any offence that is obviously deliberate and meant to cause pain but with potentially very serious consequence is dealt with. 

8 matches for the first offence doesnt seem to have put him off, 10 matches is hardly going to make a difference.. If people dont learn from severe punishment then perhaps we are better off without them in the sport. After all it is a headline we really could have done without on the BBC etc

It's a headline virtually no bug ger outside of rugby gives a toss about.

He's committed foul play and has been dealt with accordingly. I'm happy for him to serve his ban and let the issue fade away....as it will.

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

It's a headline virtually no bug ger outside of rugby gives a toss about.

He's committed foul play and has been dealt with accordingly. I'm happy for him to serve his ban and let the issue fade away....as it will.

I agree about letting him serve his ban.. i just think it should be stronger for someone who could cause life changing injuries through his intentional action that has nothing to do with playing Rugby. 

on your first point, i have already had it flagged up to me by people who dont normally give a toss about Rugby.. people pick up on this sort of sh*thousery as a stick to beat games like Rugby with

1 minute ago, RP London said:

I agree about letting him serve his ban.. i just think it should be stronger for someone who could cause life changing injuries through his intentional action that has nothing to do with playing Rugby. 

on your first point, i have already had it flagged up to me by people who dont normally give a toss about Rugby.. people pick up on this sort of sh*thousery as a stick to beat games like Rugby with

It's a nowt issue. It will go away. Next week this thread will be down the page and they'll be some other abhorrence we can all whinge about. We all do it particularly well

1 hour ago, dkw said:

He pleaded not guilty according to the disciplinary page of the RL. But I cant find the full report on it, there used to be a decent report for each ban on their website but it doesn't seem to be there.

It can be found here (probably have to search Flanagan) 

https://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/rules_and_regulations/disciplinary#advSearch

18 minutes ago, RP London said:

When I typed what I did I suspected this would be a response that I would get and I do agree but by the same token you could say an off the ball tackle putting your elbow in somebodies head could kill them. I think the punishment is about right and it was obvious at the time what had gone on in that tackle. I think there are a lot more dangerous things that go on in the game that get less punishment. I mean whats the average ban for a spear tackle?

2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

When I typed what I did I suspected this would be a response that I would get and I do agree but by the same token you could say an off the ball tackle putting your elbow in somebodies head could kill them. I think the punishment is about right and it was obvious at the time what had gone on in that tackle. I think there are a lot more dangerous things that go on in the game that get less punishment. I mean whats the average ban for a spear tackle?

Quite

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

in answer to your last questions... too lenient for sure. 

the thing with things like an off the ball tackle, elbow into someones head (I am assuming you mean basically leaning on them when in the tackle on the floor), spear tackle etc these are things that can be miss timed in the course of the normal aspects of the game. Therefore you get punished but not as severely. 

This is downright thuggery and isnt even in the least bit "part of the game" along with eye gauging etc IMHO

There is normally a good range in the ones you mention so that you can ban dependent on the circumstances.. I cannot think of a circumstance where this sort of thing can happen without it being a conscious decision and if you think that that is ok then your head is not in the right place. 

16 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It's a nowt issue. It will go away. Next week this thread will be down the page and they'll be some other abhorrence we can all whinge about. We all do it particularly well

oh well thats fine then as long as it goes away and people forget about it... dont worry about the fact he will no doubt do it again to someone else (as he obviously doesnt learn a lesson) or that others dont get given a deterrent.. hey ho its all fine is a nothing incident!

We'll have to agree to disagree obviously moral compasses are set differently.

12 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Kear's defence of him seems to be based on the “I have got you now enjoy your time on the sidelines” phrase heard.

Is he that good a player that he needs to be defended so heavily?

Well, if John Kear mounts a robust defence of him, then he should equally expect other to mount a robust attack.

Archived